- What is Publishing?
- Publishing States
- How to publish contents using Admin Console?
- How to publish contents using Apty Studio?
What is Publishing?
Publishing makes the items built with the Apty Studio available in the Widget of the added environments including staging and production environments.
Publishing state defines the content accessibility settings and results in the following use cases:
- Test your instructional content in the development/test environment.
- Publish content for end-users to use in a production environment.
This article covers the publishing process of Workflows, Validations, Tooltips, Launchers, Announcements, Knowledge Center, Activity, and Checklists through Admin Console and the publishing process of Workflows, Validations, Tooltips, Launchers, Announcements, Knowledge Center, and Activity through Apty Studio.
The Publish menu can be accessed at:
|PATH: Admin Console > On the left-side panel, Select application > Publish|
Publishing is an important aspect when it comes to testing your implementation on a staging/production environment or releasing it for end-users in the production environment.
Use the Publish menu to define whether the Workflow or Frame contents (Validations, Tooltips, Launchers, Announcements) are published or not. Inside the Publish page, the user can view the list of all Workflows and Frame contents along with its publish status under each added environment.
Inside the Publish page, User can Filter/Search for any contents and can view its publish status using the Filter/Search option provided on the top-right corner of the screen.
Any content developed with the Apty Studio can be in one of the following publishing states; User can either publish the contents through Admin Console or Apty Studio.
- Published: Indicates that the content is created and published and is available for the end-users of the hosting application in the Apty Widget.
- Not Published: Indicates that the content is created but not available for the end-users of the hosting application in the Apty Widget, and can be modified.
- .Published: Indicates that an already published content has been modified, and this content needs to be published to make the latest changes made to be available to the end user of the hosting application in the Apty Widget. Once published the status changes to "Published"
NOTE: As per the latest 4.x release, when content is published, then the frame will also get automatically published
How to publish contents using Admin Console?
Any contents created using Apty Studio will be listed on the Publish page of the Admin Console, and can be in one of the above-mentioned status under the environment in which it is added.
As per the latest release, multiple environments can be added and user can publish/unpublish/publish latest the contents under the added environment as per requirement.
|Know more about Environment Setup|
To publish any content,
|PATH: Inside the Publish page that appears, click on against the content to be published|
Once clicked following options will be available,
- Click on Publish Latest to publish a "Not Published" content, once published the status changes to "Published"
- Click on Unpublish to unpublish an already published content, once unpublished content will not be available inside the Player.
- Click on Revert to get back to the previous state of the content; For eg: If the latest published content is not working and need to revert back to the previous working version this will be helpful.
|NOTE: Publishing needs to be done separately for each added environment, for the contents to be available inside each environment|
How to publish contents using Apty Studio?
Contents that are created using the Apty Studio can be published directly from the Studio. This saves time by allowing authors to perform all content manipulation procedures (creating, editing, publishing) in a single place in the system.
- Inside Apty Studio, Once content is created and saved, inorder to publish that open the content (which includes Workflows, Validations, Tooltips, Launchers, Announcements, Knowledge Center, and Activity) click on which is provided against the name of the content and select Publish option from the dropdown.
- Since multiple environments can be added, the user needs to publish content on each environment separately;
- On the following Publishing page that appears, click on against the environment in which the contents are to be published and select Publish Latest to publish the content; once published, the status changes from Not Published to Published, and the content will be available to the enduser.
- Users can unpublish an already published content by clicking Unpublish option from the dropdown