TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What is New in Apty Admin Console?
- What's New in Apty Studio?
What is New in Apty Admin Console?
|PATH: Admin console >Select the hosted application > Customization > Keyboard Shortcut > Toolset > Next Button > Click on the keyboard icon|
Apty has been providing Keyboard Shortcuts for end-users to have a seamless experience while performing operations on both the Widget (the Player) and toolsets (such as workflows, tooltips, validations, etc.) in the keyboard mode. All Shortcuts follow the combinations of "ALT + [key of your choice from A-Z]."
This latest update brings an additional customization option to the existing Keyboard Shortcuts, more precisely to the Next Button. The keyboard Shortcut for the Next Button does not need to follow the above combination pattern anymore. From now onwards admins can remap with the "Enter", "Esc" or "Tab" key on the keyboard as the Next Button for toolsets.
Element Selection Control Panel
|PATH: Admin Console > Select the hosted application > In the Application menu select > Go to General Settings > Click on Advanced|
The 4.11 version brings a minor enhancement to the Element Selection feature. Apty now introduces the "Not Contains" operator to the Condition Engine. This operator is available for all selectors except for "functions."
|PATH: Admin console > Select the hosted application > In the Application menu select >Content Aggregation|
In the previous versions of Apty, if we need to add the articles from knowledge base such as Freshdesk, Zendesk, Confluence, etc. to Apty client, it was required to create knowledge content for each article in the Knowledge center in the Apty Admin console, and the links added in Knowledge center needs to be updated every time if the documents, videos or images get updated which was time-consuming.
To automate this process Apty has introduced this feature in the latest release. With this feature, the information is collected with a common name/topic involving one or more related keywords and this will be displayed in the Apty client as per the user search.
In the Add source option add Source name, Repository, Language, URL, API token, Crawl settings, and Sync frequency details. In the content aggregation dashboard, we can view the status of the content added and if required we can pause, edit or delete the source added. Also, we have Sync now feature in the dashboard with which we can sync the latest content if updated in the knowledge base.
PATH: Admin Console > Click on the application from the left sidebar > Click on Goals > Click on the required Goal from the Goals Overview dashboard > Click on the required Activity from the Metrics Overview dashboard
From Goals version 2 onwards, you get the following:
- Send Alert button,
- Customize alert announcements in Apty Studio,
- Receive alerts in Apty Widget, and
- Improved charts.
Send Alert button
Apty now provides you with the Send Alert button inside Goals for sending custom alert announcements to users at risk. Alert announcements can be used,
- to make end-users aware of the need to be in compliance with the rules,
- to provide necessary information for end-users to complete the task correctly, etc.
The Send Alert button is placed on the top right corner of the Metrics Overview dashboard as shown below.
Once you click on the Send Alert button. You get two screens:
- Alert Audience
- Alert Message
This screen gives you options to choose the target audience to send the alert message. Here,
- you can send the alert to all segments or
- you can send the alert to selected segments. Further, you can choose to either send the alert to only users at risk from the
On the next screen, you can customize the alert message.
- A Rich Text Editor is integrated so that you can edit and style the alert message,
- You get an option to name your announcements,
- You can also choose the desired theme for the announcement,
- Once you are done creating the alert message, you can either save the alert message or send it right away.
Customize Alert Announcement in Apty Studio
- Save the alert announcement as a draft inside Goals, and go to Apty Studio for further customization. You can add images to the alert announcements from the Studio Editor.
- Unlike other announcements, Goal Alerts don't require scheduling. The Start Date and the End Date of the Goal are enough. That is why you will not have the scheduling option in alert announcements.
- Permalink is disabled for alert announcements because the end-user should see the alert as soon as the admin sends it, not through a permalink.
- Publish option is disabled from the studio editor for alert announcements because when you click on send alert it gets published automatically.
- As soon as a published alert announcement is deleted, it will be unpublished automatically. End-users will no longer see the alert.
- By default, one frame is created for alert announcements inside the Announcement section in Apty Studio. Note that there is no option to delete or edit the frame.
Receive alerts in Apty Widget
- Similarly, the receive alert functionality has been added in Apty Widget.
- This alert functionality works across all browsers.
- End-users will get the pop-up announcement as soon as the admin sends the alert. If the end-user is inactive when the admin sends the alert, they will see it the moment Apty Widget detects the user as active.
Improvements in Correctness by Segment Chart 1:
- Custom warning icon to highlight the graph at at-risk,
- Custom dot icon to indicate the position of the graph on the current date,
- A blue color label to highlight the current date, and
- A flag icon is added on the grey color label to represent the Target Date.
Improvements in Correctness by Segment Chart 2:
- The segment names are now positioned inside the respective bar graph along with the percentage of correctness,
- A representation of predicted progress in percentage,
- A representation of remaining percentage to complete 100% of goal correct, and
- A blue color label with a flag icon to highlight the Target Date.
What's New in Apty Studio?
An ability to avoid skipping Optional Steps too fast
|PATH: Apty Studio > Workflows > Click on the Workflow > Open a step > Scroll down to the Extended Options > Check the Optional checkbox|
When a step in Workflow is marked as optional, then Workflow will skip this step and move to the next step if the target element is not present on the screen. In previous versions of Apty it is seen that the time taken to skip the optional step is very less and the step gets skipped too fast.
In this latest version of Apty 4.11, clients or partners can configure the delay in seconds inside the text box provided below the Optional check box.
Select more than one Advance on option
|PATH: Apty Studio > Workflows > Click on the workflow > Open a step > Scroll down to the Advance-on option|
Previous versions of Apty Studio allowed selecting only one Advance on option. From version 4.11, you can enable more than one advance-on option depending upon the use case.
For instance, if you select both hover-over and click as advance-on options for the workflow, then users can either click on the element or just hover over it to go to the next step of the workflow.