With the latest 4.9 release, Apty brings you great features to upgrade your digital adoption experience. You can see the enhancements in both Apty Admin Console and Apty Client.
- What is New in Apty Admin Console?
- What is New in Apty Client?
What is New in Apty Admin Console?
Goals and Compliances
PATH: Admin Console > Click on any hosted Application > Goals
Goals are essential for a company's success. It is also critical to keep tabs on the whereabouts of goals. Not to undermine the fact that many things can go wrong when it comes to a goal involving digital adoption or any digital process completion, resulting in the goal failure. That is where Apty's Goals feature comes into play.
Goals feature aims to assist you in completing a digital process correctly. It is very crucial to complete a business process on time, but it is equally important to complete it with correctness, and at Apty we understand that. Your employees complete the task, or they complete the task correctly - completion and correctness - these two are the principal determinants of Apty's Goals feature.
Completion means completing a task or a process.
Correctness is completing a task or a process correctly, being in compliance with the rules set for the task.
Compliance is the act of following predefined rules for a task or a process.
Previously, using Activities, admins could
- create blueprints and define rules on how users should complete the activities,
- track the actual usage against the recommended processes,
- monitor the Completion Rate of custom business processes, and
- analyze the progress of different user segments.
Now using Goals, they can
- set up custom business process goals based on certain activities with compliances on how you want a process to be completed and when to be completed,
- monitor Correctness(%), whether the process is being completed following compliances or not,
- monitor Completion Rates of more than one activity from a single screen,
- track progress of every activity, how users are performing - whether they are on-track or at-risk, and
- predict if the process is going to be completed on time.
Upcoming Plans For Goals: Apty has laid the groundwork to help admins send custom alerts to selected/all user segments when the activity correctness is at risk.
Apty 4.9 version of Goals is not only focusing on process analysis, progress prediction, and completion rate but also wants to make sure that your business processes are completed correctly, following all compliances.
Within the Goals feature-
A. You get the primary Goals screen that gives you-
- the Average Goal Correctness option to help you keep track of the status of your Goals,
- the start date of your upcoming goal in the Next Goal in section,
- a global Goals Overview, with different parameters, like Goal Name, Start Date, Target Date, Recurrence, Correctness,
- the Status (Accomplished, Ended, On-Track, and At-Risk) option to monitor the status of the goal,
- the option to monitor ended goals using Show Ended, and
- Add Goal button to create a new goal with new parameters; First, add Goal Name, Recurrence (Once, Weekly, or Monthly), and a Correctness Goal, then add Metrics (Activities), Segment (all users or a group of users) and an aimed Correctness value.
B. You get a second screen (once you click on a Goal) to observe all your metrics related to that Goal. In that screen, you have-
- the Metrics overview dashboard with Activity Name, Segment, Correctness Goal(%), visual representation Correctness (blue if it's on-track and red if at-risk), and the total number of Completions for each activity,
- the representation of Time Left for Target Date,
- the representation of Start Date and Target Date,
- the monitor the current Goal Correctness(%) and the Average Goal of Correctness(%), and a bar graph to visually display the progress, and
- the Add Metric button to add Activities inside that Goal, with Segments, and an aimed Correctness.
C. Most importantly, you get a dedicated screen for each Metric to extensively monitor the Correctness by Segment. Here you also get-
- two real-time, easy-to-understand visual predictive analysis reports (1.a & 1.b) of Activity correctness status, Expected Progress for each Segment (whether they are on-track or at-risk)
- to observe the percentage of Correctness by Segment,
- to monitor the Time Left for Target Date,
- to check the Start Date and End Date, and
- to track the Status.
In the next update, you will get the option to send a personalized alert message to a selected/all Segments of users, when your goal is at risk, as shown below.
Download Translated Content in Selected Language in an Editable Format
|PATH: Admin Console > Manage > Workflows > Select the workflow to be exported > Click on Export Translation button> Select Language > Continue|
For the ease of reviewing translations, a feature has been brought in which allows our partners to download the translated contents in selected language in an editable format.
Download Workflow in Selected Language in PDF format
|PATH: Admin Console > Manage > Workflows > Click on three dots vertical icon of the workflow to be exported > Export as > Select desired language from the dropdown under the PDF Document icon > Export|
Internal Reviews and Sharing of Workflows with end users can be made easier using workflows in selected languages that are in PDF format, our latest version supports this feature, where both internal reviewers and end users can download the workflow in desired languages that are in PDF format.
Widget Interaction Analytics
To view Widget Activation Analytics: Admin Console > Apty Usage > Player and Search > Widget Activations
To view Widget Interaction Analytics by Country: Admin Console> Apty Usage > Player and Search > Widget Activations > See All
dget Activations, thereby measuring the utilization of the Widget.
Display Users by Country
|PATH: Admin Console > Insights > Engagement > Under Users by Country> See All|
A detailed list of users by country has been brought in, which aids our partners to capture the global presence.
Workflow Feedback Feature and Analytics
Inside Apty Studio, a feedback feature has been enabled through which users can submit the feedback for workflows executed for the first time.
For enabling the feedback feature, while creating the workflows you need to check the Enable Workflow Feedback checkbox.
Inside Apty Admin Console, To view/measure the feedback analytics
|PATH: Admin Console > Apty Usage > Workflows > Under "Workflows Overview"> Click on the desired Workflow > Average Rating & Workflow Feedback will be displayed|
What is New in Apty Client?
View Most Frequently Used Content
|PATH: Apty Studio> Need Help Widget > Under Help Tab >Frequently Used|
For easy access to the content a "Frequently Used" section is introduced inside the Need Help Widget; which brings together all the frequently used content under the "Frequently Used" section.
Tag Content as Favorite
|PATH: Apty Studio> Need Help Widget > Under Help Tab > Favorites|
Apty helps in optimizing content by adding a "Favorite" icon to them, which helps our partners to easily access their content marked as "Favorite" by placing it at the top of the list inside the Need Help Widget.
To add to Favorites, Inside Need Help Widget>Click on the Favorite icon provided against each content under Help Tab.
Group Contents Based on Labels
To create a Label: Admin Console> Manage > Labels > Click on Add Label Button > Add Name and Ordering Rank
To add contents under a Label: Under Manage Content > Select the required contents from Workflows and Knowledge Center > Click on Add
In order to provide easy access to related content, a feature is enabled to group similar contents based on labels. Here, you can create a label and list out the related content.
|NOTE: Only the published contents can be grouped under a Labels.|