This document provides step-by-step instructions for the deployment of Apty Extension on Chrome Browser via SCCM.
- Step 1: Downloading Files for Chrome
- Step 2: Configuration via SCCM
- Step 3: Check Your Chrome Policies
Step 1: Downloading Files for Chrome
- Make sure that you have access to the following Apty installation files:
- Save the files in your shared directory which will be accessible to other users
Step 2: Configuration via SCCM
- In the Software Library\Overview\Application Management\Applications create an application.
- Select Manually specify the application information as shown on the screen below
- Specify Application Information. For example, ChromeExtensionAptyStore
- Create New Deployment Type. Select Script Installer and Manually specify the deployment type information
- Specify general information
- Enter the Content Location and Installation Program details.
NOTE: Select the “install.bat” file for Installation Program
- Select Add Clause in the Detection Method Page
- Select “Registry” in the Setting Type. Enter Values as shown in the table and on the screen below:
|This registry key is associated with 32- and 64-bit systems”||Enable|
|This registry setting must satisfy the following rule||Select|
- Click OK to proceed.
- Click Next
- In the Specify user experience settings for the application screen define the following:
|Installation behaviour||Install for System|
|Logon requirement||Whether or not a user is logged in|
|Installation program visibility||Hidden|
|Maximum allowed run time (minutes)||20|
- Click Next and create the package.
- Deploy the package
Step 3: Check Your Chrome Policies
- On a target client device, open Chrome Browser and navigate to chrome://policy to see all policies that are applied.
- You can also check your extension by navigating to chrome://extensions and ensuring your extensions are being forcefully installed.