Announcements are the custom pop-ups designed to announce any new feature, version release or to provide information to the End Users. An Announcement can be built with Custom buttons that can launch a Workflow, Video or a Document. Announcements enable the admin to make announcements to the user when they go to the specific page. The Announcement can be for specified period and (or) when certain UI conditions are matched.
Announcements are commonly used to:
- Announce any Change Management.
- Inform Users of upcoming features
- Inform Users about the Maintenance and downtime of the application
- Promote new Software practices, events or services.
- Remind expiration of licenses of the application
- Announce any new achievements applicable to employees or company.
This instructions set explains the procedure of creating Launchers and includes 3 steps:
- Accessing Announcements option in the Editor,
- Creating an Announcement,
- Publishing a Frame with an Announcement.
To access the Announcement option in the Apty Studio:
1. Login to the the Apty Studio and select the hosting application you plan to work with. The Apty Studio menu opens.
2. Click on the Announcements icon.
3. The system will prompt you to create a Frame, unless it was created earlier. If the required Frame for this page was created earlier, select it from the list.
To learn how to create a Frame, refer to this article.
To create an Announcement:
2. Provide the unique descriptive name for your Announcement in the NAME field. It will be used as an identifier for Apty and should be unique within a Frame it belongs to.
3. Provide the body of an Announcement in the CONTENT field. You can use a variety of options to format the text of the Announcement:
Define text color.
Define text highlight.
You may add a link to your text. mailto: and tel: hotlinks are available by adding the respective prefix in the link field.
Define text size.
Define text size.
Align your text.
Align your text.
Align your text.
Add a picture to your Announcement. Upload your picture to the external service and provide a link to it, and define a size.
Embed other content into your Announcement. Refer to this article for reference.
3. Define an expected Announcement Action. An Announcement has the capability to:
- be accepted,
- start a Workflow,
- launch a Video, and/or
3.1 TO REQUEST USER ACCEPTANCE:
- Select a Sample Announcement icon from the LAUNCHER OPTIONS.
- Define the label of the acceptance button that clearly stats that the user read and acknowledged the information in the Announcement.
3.2 TO LAUNCH A WORKFLOW FROM ANNOUNCEMENT:
- Select a Workflow icon from the LAUNCHER OPTIONS.
- Select the Workflow from the Select Workflow drop-down list. Only the Workflows assigned to the same page are displayed at the drop-down list. To create a new Workflow refer to this article.
- Select the step from which the Workflow should launch from the Select Step drop-down list.
3.3 TO LAUNCH A VIDEO FROM AN ANNOUNCEMENT:
- Select a Video icon from the LAUNCHER OPTIONS.
- You need to upload the video to the Knowledge Store to be able to see it in the drop-down. If it has not been added, click Add new Content and add a name to be displayed and URL to the web page where it is stored. It will automatically get added to the Knowledge Store. To learn more about Knowledge Center click here.
3.4 TO LAUNCH A URL FROM AN ANNOUNCEMENT:
- Select a URL icon from the LAUNCHER OPTIONS.
- You need to add the Link in the Knowledge Store to be able to see it in the drop-down.If it has not been added, click Add new Content and add a name to be displayed and URL to the web page where it is stored. It will automatically get added to the Knowledge Store. To learn more about Knowledge Center click here.
4. Show Dismiss Button:
Check this box to let the end user to dismiss the Announcement as shown on the screen. Dismissed
Announcements are tracked in a widget in the Announcements Analytics. The text label may be changed in the CANCEL BUTTON LABEL field.
5. Announcement is Mandatory
The acceptance of Announcement by the user becomes mandatory and is going to be used as a part of data tracked for Announcements Analytics. The text label may be changed in the CHECKBOX LABEL field.
Apty offers 12 predefined positions to locate the Announcement on the canvas of a browser application. Click the position to preview the Announcement position in the live mode.
- Dark, and
8. An image can be added to the Announcement Canvas. In order to do that, check the Announcement with image box and define Image Size and Image Position by testing the options in the Apty Studio.
Once the page is loaded, you can adjust it by moving it on the canvas and zooming it in/out by using the tool above the image.
- Element Presence,
- Label Comparison,
- Spotlight Comparison,
- Custom Script.
Each of the options is described below.
When Element presence is selected, the Announcement display is determined by the presence or absence of a selected Element.
To define the element of the hosting application which should determine the display of the Announcement, select Element Presence from the Conditions drop-down list. The control is now passed to the browser window to click on the element of the hosting application to define its significance.
- The element selected can be changed by Re-selecting element.
- Multiple conditions of Element Presence type can be added.
Label Comparison is an alternative to the Element Presence but on top of checking the presence of an element it also compares the value in the element. If the value provided while creating an Announcement matches / not matches with the value selected by the end user, the Announcement appears.
- To set up Label Comparison, click Select Label. The control is now passed to the browser window to define the element, the input for which is going to be tested.
- Access comparison criteria from the drop-down list: Equal, NotEqual, Regex, Contains, EmptyValue, NotEmptyValue.
- Define the relation between the Label and value based on the defined comparison criterion.
NOTE: Multiple Label Comparisons can be done at a time.
Spotlight comparison follows the same logic as Label Comparison and can be applied to any editable fields with values as opposed to Labels.
The appearance of Announcement can be controlled based on the script that can be customized as required.
comes into play for advanced condition control.
NOTE: This display option may be combined with other Conditions specified above.
11. Click Save to start using a new Announcement. It is now available as a part of a Frame in the Admin Console, but to make it active, the Frame should be published.