Announcements are custom pop-ups that allow admins to make announcements to the end-user. The Announcement can be configured to appear
- in a specific time or/and
- when certain UI conditions are matched
This instructions set explains the procedure of creating Announcements with image and includes 3 steps:
- Accessing the Announcement option from Studio
- Creating an Announcement
- Saving and Publishing the Announcement
To access the Announcement option from Apty Studio:
1. Login to the the Apty Studio and select the hosting application you plan to work with. The Apty Studio menu opens.
2. Click on the Announcements icon.
3. The system will prompt you to create a Frame, unless it was created earlier. If the required Frame for this page was created earlier, select it from the list.
To learn how to create a Frame, refer to this article.
To create an Announcement:
2. Provide the unique descriptive name for your Announcement in the NAME field. It will be used as an identifier for Apty and should be unique within a Frame it belongs to.
3. Provide the body of an Announcement in the CONTENT field. You can use a variety of options to format the text of the Announcement:
Define text color
Define text highlight
You may add a link to your text. mail to: and tel: hotlinks are available by adding the respective prefix in the link field.
Define text size
Define text size
Align your text
Align your text
Align your text.
Add a picture to your Announcement. Upload your picture to the external service and provide a link to it, and define a size.
Embed other content into your Announcement. Refer to this article for reference.
3. CTAS: User can add CTA by clicking the Add CTA button; which defines an expected Announcement Action. An Announcement has the capability to:
- be accepted: When OK action is selected, user can add any text inside the Label which indicates that the announcement is accepted. Eg: Ok,got it.
- be dismissed: by selecting this, user can either dismiss the announcement or can hide it., also appropriate text label can be added.
- launch an action (including Workflow, Video, and/or URL): where user can launch workflow, video,URL. When launch a workflow is selected, options are provided to add the required workflow and step.
To know how to use CTA Announcements: Click here
4. Announcement is Mandatory
The acceptance of Announcement by the user becomes mandatory and is going to be used as a part of data tracked for Announcements Analytics. The text label may be changed in the CHECKBOX LABEL field.
- Element Presence,
- Label Comparison,
- Spotlight Comparison,
- Custom Script.
Each of the options is described below.
When Element presence is selected, the Announcement display is determined by the presence or absence of a selected Element.
To define the elements of the hosting application which should determine the display of the Announcement, select Element Presence from the Conditions drop-down list. The control is now passed to the browser window to click on the element of the hosting application to define its significance.
- The element selected can be changed by Re-selecting element.
- Multiple conditions of Element Presence type can be added.
Label Comparison is an alternative to the Element Presence but on top of checking the presence of an element it also compares the value in the element. If the value provided while creating an Announcement matches / not matches with the value selected by the end user, the Announcement appears.
- To set up Label Comparison, click Select Label. The control is now passed to the browser window to define the element, the input for which is going to be tested.
- Access comparison criteria from the drop-down list: Equal, NotEqual, Regex, Contains, EmptyValue, Not EmptyValue.
- Define the relation between the Label and value based on the defined comparison criterion.
NOTE: Multiple Label Comparisons can be done at a time.
Spotlight comparison follows the same logic as Label Comparison and can be applied to any editable fields with values as opposed to Labels.
The appearance of Announcement can be controlled based on the script that can be customized as required. Custom script comes into play for advanced condition control. Custom script must return true to show the announcement.
NOTE: This display option may be combined with other Conditions specified above.
12. Click Save to start using a new Announcement. It is now available as a part of a Frame in the Admin Console.
To publish an Announcement:
Once saved, that announcement will be available as a part of frame under which it is created, admins can publish the announcement in multiple environments.
To know how to publish announcements: Click here