Apty Assist is compliant with Voluntary Product Accessibility (VPA) including Revised 508 Standards related to the user interface requirements. Section 1194.21 (a) of the VPA Template states: "When software is designed to run on a system that has a keyboard, product functions shall be executable from a keyboard where the function itself or the result of performing a function can be discerned textually." Source: https://www.access-board.gov/ict/
All Apty Assist functions can fully be used in a mouseless, keyboard-only mode.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What Are Keyboard Shortcuts?
- Player Shortcuts
- Toolset Shortcuts
- How to edit/remap Keyboard Shortcuts?
- Best practices to follow while customizing Keyboard Shortcuts
What Are Keyboard Shortcuts?
|PATH: Login to the Admin Console > Select the application > Go to Customization > Click on Keyboard Shortcuts|
Apty has been providing Keyboard Shortcuts for end-users to have a seamless experience while performing operations on both the Widget (the Player) and toolsets (such as workflows, tooltips, validations, etc.) in the keyboard mode.
All Shortcuts follow the combinations of "Modifier (Alt or Shift or Ctrl)+ [key of your choice from A-Z]"
Default Player Shortcuts provided by Apty:
- Toggle Player: Alt+H
- Switch Header Tabs: Alt+M
- Select Item: Alt+I
- Open Settings: Alt+S
Default Toolset Shortcuts provided by Apty:
- Next Button: Alt+N
- Previous Button: Alt+P
- Custom Button: Alt+J
- Success Workflow: Alt+D
- Cancel Workflow: Alt+C
- Select Validation: Alt+V
- Select Tooltip: Alt+T
- Select Launcher: Alt+U
- Announcement Focus: Alt+A
- Change Language: Alt+L
- Cancel Item: ESCAPE
- Play Item: ENTER
How to edit/remap Keyboard Shortcuts?
In order to re-map the Keyboard Shortcuts, click the icon and record the change.
Example: Remapping the Keyboard Shortcut for the Next Button.
Best practices to follow while customizing Keyboard Shortcuts
- Use a unique combination of a modifier(Alt or Shift or Ctrl) and a key (from A to Z). Duplicate combinations are not accepted and warned with an error message as shown below.
- While changing the default keyboard shortcut, shortcuts must follow the combination of Modifier (Alt or Shift or Ctrl)+ [key of your choice from A-Z], except for the Next Button, Play Item, and Cancel Item.
- Next Button, Play Item, and Cancel Item accept both unique combinations as well as the Enter Key* ("Return") or the Esc or the Tab Key as a keyboard shortcut key. This is an update from the 4.11 release.
*Any other key from A-Z cannot be used alone as a Shortcut.