For more details refer to: What is a segment?
PATH: Admin Console > on the left side panel select an application to work with > Manage Current Application > Segmentation
Segments can be created from the Admin Console and Items can be assigned to segments based on the requirement.
To create a Segment:
2. Select the application you are attempting to create user Segments for. For example, in a certain application you expect a certain user group to have access to a specific group of training materials, but not the others.
3. At the top of the application menu go to Manage Current Application (Gear icon) > Segmentation tab.
4. At the the top right corner of the screen click New Segment. The Segment Rules window opens.
5. Provide a descriptive Segment name.
6. Define the filtering criteria according to he following pattern:
7. Toggle the Enable button to activated this Segment. To make this segment inactive, disable it by switching the toggle.
8. Once done with the settings, click Save at the bottom of the screen.
To add items to a Segment:
1. Select the application you are attempting to create user Segments for. For example, in a certain application you expect a certain user group to have access to a specific group of training materials, but not the others.
2. Go to Manage > User Segmentation.
3. Select the segment to be managed and click the icon (three vertical dots) to manage segment access. The Manage Access screen opens.
4. Select a category of items you wish to include into the scope of access of the given User Segment (Workflows, Validations, Launchers, Tooltips, Announcements, Knowledge Content). Multiple content Categories may be added to a single Segment.
5. Check the items of the selected category. Repeat the procedure for each category, if necessary.
6. At the bottom of the window click Add.