Your end-users are always in action: in a flow of tasks, running from one meeting to another, closing sales, boarding planes to make it to the meeting with a new partner.. this list goes on and on. To help them be efficient, it is critical to provide your employees with access to all the required tools from any device, as well minimize stress of using these tools, which is a skill on its own. Apty Mobile has been introduced as a custom solution to provide navigation and guidance to your end-users whenever they are on the go and wherever they are.
How it works:
The structure and elements of pages for a desktop and mobile versions of the same application may vary greatly; therefore, to guarantee accuracy of guidance and better user experience, instructional elements to be used in mobile experience are created separately.
- To build, embed, and preview instructional content on mobile responsive applications, no additional Apty components should be installed. All the content is built using Apty Studio.
- To push Apty guidance to end-users, provide them with an Apty mobile app. Apty Mobile is implemented as a custom solution for every specific web application. To get access to this feature, contact Apty Customer Success team.
To cover the needs of your end-users both on web and mobile versions, 2 sets of instructions for different layouts and sizes should be created. Once Apty loads the page of a hosting application, it detects the screen size and resolution. If the screen size is below 600 X 800 pixels, Apty switches to the mobile set of instructions, alternatively, it sticks to the instructional content developed for the desktop version.
To create Apty content for mobile experience:
Open the Apty Studio application and select the hosting application you plan to work with. The Apty Studio menu opens along with the requested web application in the Chrome browser window.
2. In Chrome at the top right corner of the browser window go to Customize and Control > More Tools > Developer Tools.
3. The browser screen is to be split into 2 sections: User Interface surface and Developer Tools. In the Developer Tools click the Toggle Device Toolbar button to change the preview of the device type and resolution.
4. In the device selection drop-down list you can adjust your content preview for a specific device size. This will allow you to preview the guidance you are adding, find the ultimate positions for the balloons on the screen, and know what mobile users will see.
5. In the opened Apty Studio select the type of guidance you about to add to the hosting application. As for the regular web application, you can choose from Workflow, Validation, Tooltip, Launcher, or Announcement.
6. The following steps are going to be identical to those when creating elements for a regular web application. For instructions on how to proceed with one of the selected instructional elements, follow the instructions in the respective article: