This article covers improvement of the existing features and other changes implemented in the new version in each component of Apty Assist:
- Apty Assist Studio (formerly known as the Editor),
- Apty Assist Client (formerly known as the Client),
- Admin Console, and
- Apty Analytics,
Apty Assist Studio (the Editor)
UPDATED BALLOON DESIGN
Apty Assist does not support original, alternative design customization for balloons now and there will be only one design option (as shown below) which will get adjusted to the text size automatically.
A new Inverted theme has been added to the Layout Theme drop down list at Admin Console > Customize > User Interface. As of now Apty offers Light, Dark and Inverted themes as shown on the screen below.
Apty Assist Client (the Player)
- Player performance has been improved.
- In a new Apty Assist version, the Player injected into the hosting application can now be embedded into the iFrame.
- Workflow Error is shown if the required element has not been found on the screen.
Application: General Settings
|PATH: Admin Console > select application on the left sidebar > Manage Current Application (Gear icon) > General Settings|
- APPLICATION KEY: Application Key field has been added to the General Settings of the hosting application. It is a short unique code, which is manually assigned to the hosting application for easier identification within the Admin console. It is displayed at the left sidebar of the Admin panel as shown at the screen above. It can be configured up to 3 characters max (see the screen above).
- Default Environment for Editor: Upon choosing a hosting application from the Assist Studio, it is automatically opened in the browser. If multiple instances of the client application are used for production and development purposes, use the respective fields and specify production and pre-production URLs for launching them, and set one of them as a default source URL to be used for working with the Editor. As a result, when the application for adding instructional content is selected in the Editor, the defined instance is going to be automatically launched in the browser. For more details on production environments and publishing instructional content refer to this article.
- Customize: The container score can now be configured based on the application requirement by clicking Customize at the bottom of the screen.
NOTE: Container is a list of HTML elements between selected element and the body of the page. Container score is used to identify whether the element belongs to the page by searching for specified HTML attributes (id, class, name, and value).
Application: Custom JS
|PATH: Admin Console > select application on the left sidebar > Manage Current Application (Gear icon) > Custom JS|
Customization: User Interface
|PATH: Admin Console > select application on the left sidebar > Customization > User Interface|
Apty Assist offers seamless integration into hosting application’s functionality, as well as being highly customization visually, so that educational elements look and feel as they are a natural part of design of the application they are laid over.
In a new version, the User Interface customization section in the Admin panel has been restructured for a more intuitive user experience:
- the preview can now be set to Player or Toolset mode,
- Player or Toolset modes enable respective set of options available below the preview section,
- all available options have been separated into global, player and toolset related.
|PATH: Admin Console > select application on the left sidebar > Customization > Language|
The Language menu options have been reorganized and the following improvements have been added:
- changes can now be previewed live,
- the preview can now be set to Player or Workflow mode,
- Player or Workflow modes enable respective set of options available below the preview section.
Customization: Keyboard Shortcuts
|PATH: Admin Console > select application on the left sidebar > Customization > Keyboard Shortcuts|
The following general changes have been introduced to the Apty Analytics dashboard.
- Analytics has been improved to support segment analysis.
- Filtering changes.
- Show Deleted / Show Active filter has been removed.
FILTERING BY SEGMENTS
FILTERING BY DATES
Calendar filtering options were limited to defining a custom date range (From and To).
Data can now be quickly filtered by choosing one of the time interval options at the bottom of the calendar pop-up:
- Last Year,
- Last Month,
- Last Week,
- Last 30 Days.