PATH: Admin Console > select an application on the left sidebar > Insights > Engagement
The Apty Insights Admin Panel is a web-based tool that maps the Activities predefined by the Admin user in the Apty Activity Tracking and the actual actions of end-users to analyze the significance of difference between them. It is cloud-based and hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Filtering Insights Data
- Insights Engagement
- Activity Engagement
- Activity Engagement in Details
One instance of Apty Insights Admin may serve for analyzing health and activity of usage of multiple web applications crucial for the operation of your organization (for example, Salesforce, Workday, Jira) or any other web application.
Apty Insights Dashboard is used for collecting data related to application usage, average activity per session, and error trends. Each connected application is distinguished by the unique name, what Apty plan it belongs to, and time zone it operates in.
Apty Insights can be enabled to track detailed usage data:
Track & Analyze how users interact with the applications and how efficiently they can complete the custom business processes
Track the usage based on the actual use cases and not just logins.
Create blueprints on how users should be completing certain activities and track the actual usage against the recommended processes.
Capture the user activity by custom segments, roles and regions.
Filtering Insights Data
The insights data collected per Activities can be filtered according the following criteria:
Data can be quickly filtered by choosing one of the time interval options at the bottom of the calendar pop-up:
- Last Week,
- Last 2 Weeks,
- Last Month,
- Last 30 Days,
- Last Year,
- Custom range.
Select the predefined or custom date range and click Apply the changes to the analytical data related to this page.
The Engagement page consists of two sections:
1. Widgets showing quantitative changes:
The number of unique users over the specified period of time. A unique user i.e. unique visitor on a website is a user counted only once no matter how many times they visit the site over a set period of time.
Shows the number of unique sessions. A session ends if a user has not requested or refreshed a page in the application for a specified period. By default, this is about 20 minutes, but my depend on the underlying application.
Shows the statistical average of the time end users were engaged in one of the Activities.
2. A set of graphs showing the trends for the respective metric.
Activity Engagement is a dot graph that provides visual representation of how often given activities are performed by the end users, as well as how often they are completed. Each data point represents a given activity and is labelled as a respective Activity title. This dot graph is useful for:
- having a bird-view of user engagement in all the created activities,
- easy estimation of least and most used activities (the more activity is used, the further to the right on the graph it is going to appear)
- which activates take the longest for a user to complete (the higher on the graph the activity is located, the longer it takes users to complete it)
Activities Overview is the list of top used Activities within the system. The list includes:
- Activity Name identifies the activity in a unique way. When the Activity is created in the Apty Lens tool by the Admin users, it is recommended that Activity should be given a descriptive meaningful name that quickly gives an idea of what it is targeted at.
- Avg. Time is a mean time spent by end users to complete an Activity.
- Users is a number of user entries that failed before successful passing.
- Completion Rate is based on the ratio of times when the Activity has been completed vs. dropped.
- User Errors defines a number of times end users made errors while attempting to complete a given Activity.
Activity Engagement in Details
To access deeper Engagement Activity details, click on an Activity in the Activities Overview table.
Apty offers an ability to go into granular review of each activity using the number of metrics.
Activity Analysis by Segments and How it is Helpful
A bar chart that helps identifying which user segments take the longest to complete this activity. Based on this insight an assumption can be made that users who on average take longer to complete an activity are likely the ones who will need some guidance content. This data helps answering the following question: Which user segments take long to complete this activity?
Activity Steps Analysis
Activity Funnel gives an overview of all steps of the Activity with a percentage bar dedicated to each activity step. This bar graph allows analyzing which steps are the most complicated for a user to perform, whether they skip them in a process or drop the activity altogether.
Activity Events is a table that lists all activity steps with the following supporting data:
- Event Name identifies the activity in a unique way. When the Activity is created in the Apty Lens tool by the Admin users, it is recommended that Activity should be given a descriptive meaningful name that quickly gives an idea of what it is targeted at.
- Capture Type is the type of interaction with the element (click, change, etc.).
- Completion Rate is based on the ratio of times when the Activity step has been completed vs. dropped.
- Users defines a number of times end users engaged with this Activity Step.