PATH: Admin Console > select an application on the left sidebar > Insights > Dashboard
The Apty Insights Admin Panel is a web-based tool that maps the Activities predefined by the Admin user in the Apty Lens and the actual actions of end users to analyse the significance of difference between them. It is cloud-based and hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform.
One instance of Apty Insights Admin may serve for analyzing health and activity of usage of multiple web applications crucial for operation of your organization (for example, Salesforce, Workday, Jira) or any other web application.
Apty Insights Dashboard is used for collecting data related to application usage, average activity per session, and error trends. Each connected application is distinguished by the unique name, what Apty plan it belongs to, and time zone it operates in.
Apty Insights can be enabled to track detailed usage data:
Track & Analyze how users interact with the applications and how efficiently they can complete the custom business processes
Track the usage based on the actual use cases and not just logins.
Create blueprints on how users should be completing certain activities and track the actual usage against the recommended processes.
Capture the user activity by custom segments, roles and regions.
Filtering Insights Data
The insights data collected per Activities can be filtered according the following criteria:
Segmentation is a way of providing unique experience to different user groups based on various predefined factors. From the perspective of Apty Insights, the system allows customizing filter options based on the data received from various user groups and spot patterns of their behavior in the hosting application.Select the user Segments for which the analytical data should be displayed and click the (Update) button to apply the changes to the analytical data related to this page.
Data can be quickly filtered by choosing one of the time interval options at the bottom of the calendar pop-up:
- Last 7 Days,
- Last 30 Days,
- This Month,
- Last Month,
- Custom range.
Select the predefined or custom date range and click the (Update) button to apply the changes to the analytical data related to this page.
The Dashboard page consists of two sections:
1. Widgets showing quantitative changes:
Each widget provides quantitative measurements for user engagement with the trend of increment, decrement or staying on the same level in comparison with the previous time interval selected in the Date Range filter at the top right corner of the screen:
The cumulative trend of increased or decreased amount of active users over the specified period of time.
Shows the statistical average of the time end users were engaged in one of the Activities.
Shows whether end users in the specified country became less or more actively engaged, followed by the percentage of increase / decrease.
2. A set of graphs showing the trends for the respective metric. On the top right corner of each graph there is a quantitative measurement showing whether the metrics have incremented, decremented or stayed on the same level in comparison with the previous time interval selected in the Date Range filter at the top right corner of the screen.
The statistics from the Activities graph are reported in the Insights Dashboard based on the selected filtering. The display of the Activities graph can be configured according to the following settings:
1. Configure the time format of the horizontal X-axis by selecting whether the graph line should show details for Days, Weeks, Months or Years.
2. Graph Legend. If more than one User Segments have been included in filtering options at the top right corner of the screen, the graph displays several lines, each having a dedicated color specified at the bottom of the graph in the legend area. To hide a line from the graph, click its name on the Legend. If the line name in the Legend area is dimmed out, it is hidden from the graph.
Activities Overview is the list of top used Activities within the system. The list includes:
- Activity Name identifies the activity in a unique way. When the Activity is created in the Apty Lens tool by the Admin users, it is recommended that Activity should be given a descriptive meaningful name that quickly gives an idea of what it is targeted at.
- Avg. Time is a mean time spent by end users to complete an Activity.
- Users is a number of user entries that failed before successful passing.
- Completion Rate is based on the ratio of times when the Activity has been completed vs. dropped.
- User Errors defines a number of times end users made errors while attempting to complete a given Activity.