Apty Insights functionality can be summarized in 3 main steps:
1. Define how a certain use case is expected to be performed,
2. let users complete the use case without assistance, then
3. Compare the expected actions vs. actual user behavior.
Each step of the above is accomplished through the respective Apty component:
Apty Activity Tracking
This tool is used to define the expected action pattern required to perform some Activity within the host application.
Details covered in this article.
Apty Insights Admin
Apty compares user behavior with the expected action pattern defined via Apty Activity Tracking and analyzes the application usage to help build effective strategies of system resource expenditure.
How to create Activities in Apty Studio?
Apty Activity Tracking can be accessed by installing Apty Studio that connects to the browser with an open hosting application for an Admin user to create a blueprint of a certain Activity or, in other words, the scenario for desired flow of user actions.
The essence of creating an Activity lies in going though all steps required to complete a specific use case and letting Apty Activity Tracking "remember" which user interface elements were involved in this Activity.
Example: Let's assume we are creating a new "Project" entity within some system. In order to do that a user performs the following actions:
- Provide a name of the project in the Title field,
- define the expected in the Close Date field,
- select some option in the Type field,
- add the Stage of the project,
- provide a calculated Budget, and
- click Save to add project details to the system.
To save this pattern as an Activity in Apty Activity Tracking, the Admin user activates capturing, completes each step of the procedure, stops capturing, and saves the Activity. Apty Activity Tracking essentially tracks which user interface elements were involved in the procedure and the order in which steps were completed. Once saved, Activities can be accessed within the Apty Insights Admin > Activities and can be recaptured or deleted at any time.