Announcements are the custom pop-ups designed to announce any new feature, version release or to provide information to the End Users. An Announcement can be built with Custom buttons that can launch a Workflow, Video or a Document. Announcements enable the admin to make announcements to the user when they go to the specific page. The Announcement can be for specified period and (or) when certain UI conditions are matched.
|Reference: What is an Announcement?|
This instructions set explains the procedure of creating Launchers and includes 3 steps:
- Accessing Announcements option in the Assist StudioAssist Studio,
- Creating an Announcement, and
- Publishing a Frame with an Announcement.
2. Click on the Announcements icon.
3. The system will prompt you to create a Frame, unless it was created earlier. If the required Frame for this page was created earlier, select it from the list.
To learn how to create a Frame, refer to this article.
To create an Announcement:
NOTE: As you are customizing the content and functionality of an Announcement, you can preview it live in the browser area to have an exact idea of how it is going to look to the end users.
3. Define an expected Announcement Action. An Announcement has the capability to:
- be accepted,
- start a Workflow,
- launch a Video, and/or
- Select a Sample Announcement icon from the LAUNCHER OPTIONS.
- Define the label of the acceptance button that clearly stats that the user read and acknowledged the information in the Announcement.
- Select a Workflow icon from the LAUNCHER OPTIONS.
- Select the Workflow from the Select Workflow drop-down list. Only the Workflows assigned to the same page are displayed at the drop-down list. To create a new Workflow refer to this article.
- Select the step from which the Workflow should launch from the Select Step drop-down list.
- Select a Video icon from the LAUNCHER OPTIONS.
- You need to upload the video to the Knowledge Store to be able to see it in the drop-down. If it has not been added, click Add new Content and add a name to be displayed and URL to the web page where it is stored. It will automatically get added to the Knowledge Store. To learn more about Knowledge Store click here.
- Select a URL icon from the LAUNCHER OPTIONS.
- You need to add the Link in the Knowledge Store to be able to see it in the drop-down.If it has not been added, click Add new Content and add a name to be displayed and URL to the web page where it is stored. It will automatically get added to the Knowledge Store. To learn more about Knowledge Store click here.
5. Announcement is Mandatory:
The acceptance of Announcement by the user becomes mandatory and is going to be used as a part of data tracked for Announcements Analytics. The text label may be changed in the CHECKBOX LABEL field.
Apty Assist offers 12 predefined positions to locate the Announcement on the canvas of a browser application. Click the position to preview the Announcement position in the live mode.
- Element Presence,
- Label Comparison,
- Spotlight Comparison,
- Custom Script.
Each of the options is described below.
When Element presence is selected, the Announcement display is determined by the presence or absence of a selected Element.
To define the element of the hosting application which should determine the display of the Announcement, select Element Presence from the Conditions drop-down list. The control is now passed to the browser window to click on the element of the hosting application to define its significance.
- The element selected can be changed by Re-selecting element.
- Multiple conditions of Element Presence type can be added.
Label Comparison is an alternative to the Element Presence but on top of checking the presence of an element it also compares the value in the element. If the value provided while creating an Announcement matches / not matches with the value selected by the end user, the Announcement appears.
- To set up Label Comparison, click Select Label. The control is now passed to the browser window to define the element, the input for which is going to be tested.
- Access comparison criteria from the drop-down list: Equal, NotEqual, Regex, Contains, EmptyValue, NotEmptyValue.
- Define the relation between the Label and value based on the defined comparison criterion.
NOTE: Multiple Label Comparisons can be done at a time.
Spotlight comparison follows the same logic as Label Comparison and can be applied to any editable fields with values as opposed to Labels.
The appearance of Announcement can be controlled based on the script that can be customized as required.
comes into play for advanced condition control.
NOTE: This display option may be combined with other Conditions specified above.
9. Click Save to start using a new Announcement. It is now available as a part of a Frame in the Admin Console, but to make it active, the Frame should be published.
To publish a Frame with an Announcement:
When the Announcements are added to the Frame and are ready to be used, system still preserves Frame in the Draft status, unless stated otherwise.
To change the Frame status to Ready or Publish:
When all the Tooltips are added to the required Spotlights in a Frame and are ready to be used, system still preserves them in the Draft status, unless stated otherwise.
To change the Frame status to Ready or Publish:
PATH: Admin Console > on the left side panel select an application you've worked at in the Assist Studio > Publish > Frames
- Draft: This state specifies that the content is in the development state and is not ready for testing or being available for end users.
- Ready: This state defines that the instructional content is ready for testing in the development or test environment. In this state the content can be seen in the Apty Assist Studio only in the development environment but is not available in the production environment.
- Publish: This state specifies that the content has been tested and is ready to be available for the hosting application end users. The content in this state will be visible in the Apty Assist Studio to the production environment.
Once the Frame is published, Announcements cannot be modified. In order to modify the Announcements, change the status of the Frame to the Draft state.