NOTE: It is recommended that instructional elements are embedded into the hosting application by connecting Apty Studio with the Chrome browser, but once embedded and published, Workflows, Validations, Tooltips, etc. can be seen by the end users in the Apty Client extension available for:
As of July 2019 letzNav, Inc. has been rebranded to Apty, Inc. Due to this change, the product components have been renamed as follows:
This article covers the steps for making instructional content accessible to the end users with the apty Player extension:
- Accessing an Assist Client download page.
- Signing the Assist Client package on Mozilla side.
- Installing the Assist Client Extension.
- Verification Process.
Accessing the Apty Client download page
1. Log into the Admin Console.
2. On the the bottom of the left side panel click the Settings icon.
3. In the System Settings menu select Downloads. A source page for downloading an Apty Studio and Client extensions for various browsers opens.
4. On the Downloads page > Apty Apty Studio section find the Browser Extension for Mozilla Firefox option and download the package.
Signing the Apty Client package
STEP 1: Add unique ID to the Apty Client extension file. To provide the unique ID for the Apty Client, follow the steps below:
- Download Apty Client for Mozilla Firefox extension from the Apty admin console at Admin > System Settings > Downloads.
- The player-firefox.xpi file is downloaded. Convert this file to .zip format by changing the extension: rename “player-firefox.xpi” to “player-firefox.zip”.
- Right-click the folder and select Extract All to extract the files from the archive.
- Open the manifest.json file inside the folder, find the “id” attribute and change it to a unique value, for example, “firstname.lastname@example.org” to “email@example.com”.
Note: Make sure that the given ID is unique to your organization and contains @apty.org at the end.
- Save the changes in the updated manifest.json file.
- Select all the files inside the folder and create the zip archive again.
This zipped file is used during the signing of the Apty Client package.
STEP 2: Signing the package. Follow the steps below to sign Apty Client player package for the Firefox browser:
1. Access or create your developer account at the Addons for Firefox (AMO) portal at https://addons.mozilla.org:
- If you have a Firefox Account: at the top right corner of the page click Register or Log in, then provide your credentials to log in to your account.
- If you don't have a Firefox Account: at the top right corner of the page select Register or Log in > Create an account.
2. Once you logged into your account, select Submit Your First Add-on or Submit a New Add-on. You'll be redirected to the following page:
3. Choose on you own and click Continue. You are redirected to the following page:
4. Click Select a file..., find the updated zip file on your local machine, and when the file is successfully loaded and passes all the checks, you receive the following message:
5. At the bottom of the page click Sign Add-on.
Click Select a file, select and upload your updated zip file above and upon successful upload and If the add-on passes all the checks, you receive the following message:
Click Sign Add-on
6. You’ll reach the following page:
7. Select Yes. To provide source code, click Browse and locate and upload your zipped package and click Continue
8. Download the Signed .xpi file
9. Once the file is downloaded, make sure to rename the file with the id given before and you can use this signed .xpi file to add it to your browser and you can also provide the same .xpi file to other users to get Apty Client Extension added to their Firefox browser.
Installing the Apty Client Extension
Follow the steps below to add Apty Client as an add-on to the Firefox browser:
1. Launch Firefox browser(latest version recommended).
2. At the top right corner of the browser screen, click the Open Menu icon. A drop-down menu appears with multiple options. Choose Add-ons from the available options.
3. Add-ons Manager page opens, select Extensions tab.
4. At the right corner click the Settings icon and select Install Add-on from file option.
5. Upload the signed Apty .xpi package from the saved location.
6. Once the file is uploaded, a confirmation pop up appears. Click Add.
Open respective application and Apty Client widget should appear on the application as shown below.