Publishing makes the items built with the Apty Editor available in the Player of the development and production environment.
The publishing state defines the content accessibility settings and results in the following use cases:
- Test your instructional content in the development / test environment.
- Publish content for end-users to use in the production environment.
- Organize your content the way it is displayed at the hosting application.
The Publish menu can be accessed at:
Admin Console > on the left-side panel select application > Publish > Workflows / Frames.
Publishing is an important aspect when it comes to testing your implementation on a development/ test environment or releasing it for end-users in the production environment.
Use the Publish menu to define whether the Workflow or Frame content (Validations, Tooltips, Announcements, etc.) are to be available on the development environment when in the Ready state or published in the production environment when in the Publish state.
Any content developed with the Apty Studio can be in one of the following publishing states:
- Draft: This state specifies that the content is in the development stage and is not ready for testing or being available for end-users.
This state is represented by the Yellow color dot.
- Ready: This state defines that the instructional content is ready for testing in the development or test environment. In this state, the content can be seen in the Apty Player only in the development environment but is not available in the production environment.
This state is represented by the Blue color dot.
- Publish: This state specifies that the content has been tested and is ready to be available for the hosting application end users. The content in this state will be visible in the Apty Player to the production environment.
This state is represented by the Green color dot.
NOTE: URLs to pre-production (development / testing) environment are defined at Admin Console > on the left-side panel select application > Manage Current Application (Gear Icon) > General Settings (see the screen below):