This document will guide you through the process of creating validations.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Open Validations from Apty Studio
|PATH: Log in to the Apty Studio > Select the application > Go to Validations|
The Validations screen will prompt you to create a Frame, unless it was created earlier. If the required Frame for this page was created earlier, select it from the list. Learn how to create a Frame.
Create a Validation
1. On the Validations screen, click on Create New Validation or the + (the plus) button at the top right corner of the screen.
2. Click Select Spotlight. The control is now passed to the application page in the browser. Select the input field, check box, radio button, or another interactive element that is supposed to validate user action.
3. Provide the unique descriptive name for your Validation settings in the Name field.
4. Add Validators. Four categories of validations can be added to an input field:
- Required field: checks whether the field is empty.
- Length constraint: checks whether the input fits within the range of the specified length.
- Regular expression: Powerful way to check the format/accuracy of the input provided by the end-user. For example, to check whether the user has entered a valid email address, the following regular expression is used:
5. Define position the position of an icon and error/success message upon validation:
- Apty offers 12 predefined positions to locate the balloon around the element it belongs to. Click on the circles in the Editor to preview how the ballon is going to look on the hosting web application in the live mode.
- Icon offset: Allows setting up the proximity of a balloon to an element.
Show Icon when field has not been touched yet: For validations, Apty has the ability to show or hide the validation icon beside the Spotlight field. When the Show icon.. box is checked, the Validation icon is visible beside the element it belongs to; otherwise, it is hidden until the user tries to interact with the element.
6. By default three theme options are offered for Apty Validations:
- Apty Light, and
- Apty Dark.
In addition to these options, clients or partners can also create or optimize the theme as per their needs from Apty Admin. Refer to the document on User Interface to learn more.
7. For Schedule options refer to, Schedule the Validation Display for the End Users.
8. Click Save to start using a new Validation rule.
Publish a Validation:
When all the Validations are added to the required Spotlights in a Frame, we can Publish either through Apty Admin console or also through Apty Studio and are ready to be used.
For publishing validation through Apty Admin console of version 3.x and prior, refer to Publishing Process.
For publishing validation through Apty Admin console or through Apty Studio of version 4.x, refer to Publishing Process.
For more instructions on Managing Validations refer to: