All the Apty Assist Client (Player) features can be accessed by end users via one of the following methods:
- by installing an extension to the browser, or
This article covers peculiarities, benefits, and the installation process for the second method. For instructions on installing the Apty Assist Client as a browser extension, refer to the respective article:
Apty Assist Client can be installed on a hosting application by adding a short snippet of code only in case if the System Administrator has access to the source code of the hosting application.
This method is not applicable when instructional material is added to the third-party application; for example, if an organization creates instructional material for Salesforce, only browser extension method is applicable. Alternatively, Apty Assist Client can be installed globally for all end users in a couple of simple steps by the owner of a hosting application (and its source code). In this case, Apty Assist Client is seamlessly embedded into the functionality of the hosting application, and can be accessed from the browser window without the need to install additional software.
- The script eliminates the need of a browser extension for the end user to leverage the features of Apty Assist.
- Feature updates of Apty Assist are directly available to the end users with no need to push out any extension updates.
Extension update is only required when the update consists of features directly affecting the architecture of the extension.
- This gives the independence of the browser to the end user.
Deploying the Snippet
1. The server URL points to the Apty Admin server,
2. the script element is created,
3. Apty attribute is added to the source code and links the style sheet to the created element,
4. the element is added to the DOM of the hosting application.
NOTE: For more details and assistance with installing the Apty Client via added the snippet of code to the hosting application, contact your Customer Success Manager.
Once the services are restarted, open the respective application and find that the 'Need Help?' widget appears on the surface of the hosting application in the location defined at:
Apty Admin > select application on the left side panel > Customization >User Interface.