All the Apty Client (formerly known as the Player) features can be accessed by end users via one of the following methods:
- by installing an extension to your browser. For more information refer to one of the following articles:
Apty Client can be installed on a hosting application by adding a short snippet of code in case when the System Administrator has access to the source code of the hosting application.
This method is not applicable when instructional material is added to the third-party application; for example, if an organization creates instructional material for Salesforce, only browser extension method is applicable. Alternatively, Apty Client can be installed globally for all end users in a couple of simple steps by the owner of a hosting application (and its source code). In this case, Apty Assist Client is seamlessly embedded into the functionality of the hosting application and can be accessed from the browser window without installing additional software.
- The script eliminates the need of a browser extension for the end user to leverage the features of Apty Assist.
- This method guarantees independence of the browser to the end user.
- Feature updates of Apty Assist are directly available to the end users with no need to push out any extension updates.
Update is only required when the it includes features directly affecting the architecture of the extension.
Deploying the Snippet
1. The URLs point to the Apty Admin server, account, and insights analytics; tetantID represents a unique identificator for the given application,
2. the script element is created,
3. Apty attribute is added to the source code and links the style sheet to the created element, and
4. the element is added to the DOM of the hosting application.
NOTE: For more details and assistance with installing the Apty Client via added the snippet of code to the hosting application, contact your Customer Success Manager.
Once the services are restarted, open the respective application and observe that the 'Need Help?' widget is displayed on the surface of the hosting application. The position of an Apty Client on the screen is defined at:
Apty Admin > select application on the left side panel > Customization > User Interface.