As of July 2019 letzNav, Inc. has been rebranded to Apty, Inc. Due to this change, the product components have been renamed as follows:
- letzNav Editor - > Apty Assist Studio, and
- letzNav Player -> Apty Assist Client.
The apty Assist Client (formerly know as a Player) is a widget that interacts with the hosting application and overlays instructional materials (Workflows, Tooltips, Announcements, etc.) over its surface. This component can be installed on the hosting application in one of the following ways:
- as a Browser Extension, or
- as code snippet added directly to the hosting application.
The following article provides general overview of each method, recommended use cases, and basic installation instructions.
- Google Chrome,
- Mozilla Firefox,
- Internet Explorer,
- Microsoft Edge.
When to use:
- When the instructional elements are added to the third-party application.
This method is not applicable when instructional material is added to the third-party application; for example, if an organization creates instructional material for Salesforce, only browser extension method is applicable. Alternatively, apty Assist Client can be installed globally for all end users in a couple of simple steps by the owner of a hosting application (and its source code). In this case, apty Assist Client is seamlessly embedded into the functionality of the hosting application, and can be accessed from the browser window without the need to install additional software.
When to use:
- You are an owner of the hosting application (and its source code).
- To bypass browser extension installation for each end user.
- To avoid keeping track of apty updates.