The Apty Widget (formerly known as the Player) is a widget that interacts with the hosting application and overlays instructional materials (Workflows, Tooltips, Announcements, etc.) over its surface. This component can be installed on the hosting application in one of the following ways:
- as a browser extension, or
- as code snippet added directly to the hosting application.
The following article provides a general overview of each method, recommended use cases, and basic installation instructions.
When to use:
- When the instructional elements are added to the third-party application.
- May require more support from the customer success team.
This method is NOT applicable when instructional content is added to the third-party application; for example, when creating instructional material for Salesforce, only the browser extension method is applicable. Alternatively, Apty Widget can be installed globally for all end users in a couple of simple steps by the owner of a hosting application (and its source code). In this case, Apty Client is seamlessly embedded into the functionality of the hosting application and can be accessed from the browser window without the need to install additional software.
When to use:
- You are an owner of the hosting application (and its source code).
- To bypass browser extension installation for each end user.
- To avoid keeping track of Apty updates.