The extension for the Apty Assist Client is provided to the customers through the ADM templetes. This step-by-step article describes how to use Group Policy to automatically distribute programs to client computers or users.
1. Launch Group Policy Editor on your windows server.
To do that, click Start Menu > Run, in the command line enter gpedit.msc to open the Group Policy Editor.
2. Select the Group Policy Object that applies to all users in your target domain.
3. Navigate to Target Group Policy > User Configuration > Administrative Templates.
4. Check if Google Chrome template exists already. It will be under one of the two folders stated below:
- Administrative Templates > Google > Google Chrome
- Classic Administrative Templates > Google > Google Chrome
If the template is not in the locations stated above, follow the steps below to import it:
NOTE: if you're using computers with an operating system newer than Windows Server 2003 select the ADMX folder; otherwise, select the ADM folder).
5. Navigate to Target Group Policy > User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Google > Google Chrome > Extensions. The entry on the main panel is to be displayed as shown on the screen below.
6. Configure the list of force-installed extensions. Right click > Edit > Select Enabled > Show > Add appropriate values > Ok > Ok
NOTE: Values will be provided by the Apty Customer Success Team.
Next time the users login to the system using the domain login, they will have Apty Assist Client extension installed on their chrome browsers.