PATH: Admin Console > on the left side panel select an application to work with > Manage > User Segmentation
Segments can be created from the Admin Console and Items can be assigned to segments based on the requirement.
To create a Segment:
2. Select the application you are attempting to create user Segments for. For example, in a certain application you expect a certain user group to have access to a specific group of training materials, but not the others.
3. Go to Manage > User Segmentation.
4. At the the top right corner of the screen click Add New. The Add Segment window opens.
5. In the Add Segment window enter Name and Description.
6. Select the Segment Type. A segment can be of the following three types:
- Variable: Variable takes a window variable that will be checked in the window when the page is loaded. Once the variable is found the segment is detected and related items are presented in the player window. At a time more than one segment can be connected and items related to that will be available for use.
- URL: URL of the application page or a valid part of the URL can also be used to determine a segment. A valid Regular expression of the URL can also be used.
- Custom Script: The custom script will take a script that will perform a required check and will return true or false that will determine a segment’s connection.
Note: Customer Success Manager will guide you as needed to understand this more in detail and will assist you according depending upon the requirement.
To add items to Segments:
1. In the Add Segment window switch to the Items tab.
2. Select a category of items you wish to include into the scope of access of the given User Segment (Workflows, Validations, Launchers, Tooltips, Announcements, Knowledge Content).
3. Check the items of the selected category. Repeat the procedure for each category, if necessary.
4. At the bottom of the window click Add.
Publishing a Segment:
After the Segment gets created it is automatically preserved in the Draft status and is not accessible to the end users. You can change its status by publishing it in the User Segmentation screen.