As of July 2019 letzNav, Inc. has been rebranded to Apty, Inc. Due to this change, the product components have been renamed as follows:
- letzNav Editor - > Apty Assist Studio, and
- letzNav Player - > Apty Assist Client.
Permalinks are direct links to your website that automatically start a Workflow, Video, or Announcement when clicked.
Permalinks are essentially links that launch the application in the browser and the tool linked with the permalink given that the player is active, and content is in a playable state. Permalink is a unique Identification string that needs to be added at the end of the URL of the page on which the permalink content is to be presented.
NOTE: Whenever the step permalink doesn’t match the correct page, or the step permalink is invalid the flow is launched from the beginning.
Retrieve a Permalink from the Assist Studio:
To see the list of created Workflows or Announcements, log into the Assist Studio and select the application you want to work with. The Apty menu opens.
1. Click on the Workflows or Announcements icon depending on what kind of Permalink you are attempting to retrieve. The list of respective entities created for this application opens. The example below is based on the assumption that you are retrieving a Permalink for a Workflow, but the process for retrieving links for Announcements is identical as well.
2. Click the name of an Announcement for which you are retrieving a Permalink. In the given example, we attempt to open a "Create a Project Baseline" Workflow.
3. The Workflow settings screen opens. At the top right corner of the screen click the icon (three vertical dots) to access the Copy Permalink option. Click Copy Permalink to proceed.
4. Alternatively, you can obtain a Permalink for a specific Workflow Step by selecting it from the flow and repeating the procedure described in Step 3.