Custom Roles can be created and assigned to users. While creating custom roles take care of all the permissions that will be required to complete a task. Application access and correct set of permissions will help users to complete the tasks related to their scope of work.
To Add a Custom Role:
2. At the the bottom of the left side panel click the Settings icon. The System Settings page opens.
3. In the System Settings page select the Roles tab. A page listing all the default user roles open.
4. At the top of the page click Add Role. The Add New Role screen opens.
5. Define the following details for a new Role:
- Role Name / Description: Provide a unique descriptive name of a User Role you are about to create. Ideally, the name of a user role should logically define what sort of scope of access and permissions this user is supposed to have. In the given example we are creating a "Publisher" user role. We assume that this user is going to test and publish Workflows and Frames and all the instructional content assigned to it.
- Permissions: With respect to the user role and expected scope of access, define Permissions for this type of User. Each system entity (Dashboard, Analytics, Toolset, etc.) has its own set of access options ranging from None to View and Modify, etc.