The article provides instructions on how to set up a Launcher that starts a Workflow from a specific step. Learn to Create a Workflow.
To access a Launchers option in the Apty Studio:
1. Open the Apty Studio application and select the hosting application you plan to work with. The Studio menu opens.
2. Click on the Launchers icon.
3. The system will prompt you to create a Frame, unless it was created earlier. If the required Frame for this page was created earlier, select it from the list.
To learn how to create a Frame, refer to this article.
To create a Launcher that starts a specific Workflow:
1. On the Launcher page click Create New Launcher or the + (Plus) button at the top right corner of the screen. You are redirected to the Launcher creator page.
2. Same as with most of other Apty content, we tie Launcher to a specific element within the hosting application (field, button, heading, etc.). At the the top of the Apty Studio click Select Element. The control is now passed to the application page in the browser. Select the input field, check box, radio button, or another interactive element that is going it be tied up to the Launcher you are about to create.
3. Compose your hint text. Launcher content may vary from simple one-line hints to a more complex instructions that may combine text, hyperlinks and images depending on the complexity of the task. The standard toolbar at the top of the text area allows adding text styles (bold, italic, heading, font, alignment).
The font can be defined for a given application globally at Admin Console > on the left side bar select application > Customization > User Interface. In the Typography field select a default content font for this application.
NOTE: If the toolbar at the top of the text area is invisible, click the text area and at the bottom right corner of the text area the T(Toggle Rich Text Editor) button appears, click it to access the styles toolbar.
4. Provide the name for your Launcher. It should be unique within the Frame it belongs to.
5. There are two Display Options of how a Launcher is shown in the hosting application: as an icon or as a button.
To display launcher as a button check the Show Button box in the Display Options section.
To display launcher as an icon clear the Show Button box in the Display Options section.
6. Select a Workflow icon from the LAUNCHER OPTIONS.
- Select the Workflow from the Select Workflow drop-down list. Only the Workflows assigned to the same page are displayed at the drop-down list. To create a new Workflow refer to this article.
- Select the step from which the Workflow should launch from the Select Step drop-down list.
7. Define the button position:
- Apty offers 12 predefined positions to locate the balloon around the field it belongs to. The preview of the position is available on the hosting application in the live mode.
- Icon offset: Allows setting up the proximity of a balloon to a field.
8. Click Save to start using a new Launcher. It is now available as a part of a Frame in the Admin Console, but to make it active, the Frame should be in a published state. For more details refer to: Publishing Frames