Launchers can not only take the users to a new page which opens a video or a document but also can assist the user smartly through the application by starting a Workflow from wherever the user is left.Know more about Launcher that kicks off a Workflow.
To launch a Video,Identify a Frame on the application where the Launcher(s) is to be placed and Create a Frame to proceed to add a Launcher.Once the frame is created, we can start adding launchers to it.
To access a Launchers option in the Assist Studio:
1. Open the Apty Assist Studio application and select the hosting application you plan to work with. The Assist Studio menu opens.
2. Click on the Launchers icon.
3. The system will prompt you to create a Frame, unless it was created earlier. If the required Frame for this page was created earlier, select it from the list.
To learn how to create a Frame, refer to this article.
To create a Launcher opening a Video:
1. On the Validations page click Create New Validation or the + (Plus) button at the top right corner of the screen. You are redirected to the Launcher creator page.
2. Same as with most of other Apty Assist content, we tie Launchers up to a specific element within the hosting application (field, button, heading, etc.). At the Assist Client click Select Element. The control is now passed to the application page in the browser. Select the input field, check box, radio button, or another interactive element that is going it be tied up to the Launcher you are about to create.
3. Compose your hint text. Tooltips may vary from simple one-line hints to a more complex instructions that may combine text, hyperlinks and images depending on the complexity of the task. The standard toolbar at the top of the text area allows adding text styles (bold, italic, heading, font, alignment).
The font can be defined for a given application globally at Admin Console > on the left side bar select application > Customization > User Interface. In the Typography field select a default content font for this application.
NOTE: If the toolbar at the top of the text area is invisible, click the text area and at the bottom right corner of the text area the T(Toggle Rich Text Editor) button appears, click it to access the styles toolbar.
4. Provide the name for your Launcher. It should be unique within the Frame it belongs to.
5. There are two Display Options of how a Launcher is shown in the hosting application: as an icon or as a button.
To display launcher as a button check the Show Button box in the Display Options section.
To display launcher as an icon clear the Show Button box in the Display Options section.
6. Select a Video icon from the LAUNCHER OPTIONS.
- You need to upload the video to the Knowledge Store to be able to see it in the drop-down. If it has not been added, click Add new Content and add a name to be displayed and URL to the web page where it is stored. It will automatically get added to the Knowledge Store. To learn more about Knowledge Store click here.
7. Define the button position:
- Apty Assist offers 12 predefined positions to locate the balloon around the field it belongs to. The preview of the position is available on the hosting application in the live mode.
- Icon offset: Allows setting up the proximity of a balloon to a field.
8. Click Save to start using a new Launcher. It is now available as a part of a Frame in the Admin Console, but to make it active, the Frame should be in a published state. For more details refer to: Publishing Frames