To start working with Apty Studio, Administrators and instructional content creators need to install the desktop editor application available for download from the Admin Console > System Settings > Downloads. The content created with Apty Studio can will be available to end users once they install Apty Client.
This article covers the following steps of installing the Apty Suit:
- Accessing the download page in the Admin Console,
- Download and install the Apty Studio, and
- Download and install the Assist Client.
To access the Downloads page in the Admin Console
1. Log into the Admin Console.
2. On the the bottom of the left side panel click the Settings icon. The System Settings page opens.
3. In the System Settings page select Downloads. A source page for downloading an Editor and Player extensions for various browsers opens.
To install the Apty Studio
In the Desktop Editor section install both of the following:
- Application: represents the tool for creating instructional content. To install it:
- Select the Windows or Mac OS version depending on the operating system running on your machine
- The aptyEngageEditor.exe file (for Windows) or aptyEngageEditor.zip file (for Mac OS) is downloaded.
- Double click the file to extract its content.
- Once the archive is unpacked, double click the aptyEngageEditor icon to open the application and proceed with content creation.
- Editor Extension for Google Chrome(a component that connects a browser with the above mentioned Application):
- Open the .crx file and save it at a designated location on your local machine.
- Convert the .crx file to zip file by changing its extension. For example, "Editor.crx" to "Editor.zip".
- Extract the file.
- Upload the extracted file to the Browser Extensions with load unpacked extensions.
Apty gets added to the browser and when the hosting application is opened, Apty Studio can be used for creating content.
To install the Apty Client:
The Client is a piece of code that runs instructional materials in the hosting application. Apty offers extensions for all modern browsers: