As of July 2019 letzNav, Inc. has been rebranded to Apty, Inc. Due to this change, the product components have been renamed as follows:
- letzNav Editor - > Apty Assist Studio, and
- letzNav Player -> Apty Assist Client.
Validations represent a comprehensive set of rules for checking the data that end users provide when filling out the input fields. They are critical for ensuring that the data received from the user is correct and can be further used for other system processes. For example, if the user provided the email in an invalid format, this email address will not be a reliable source of communication with this user; therefore, if you need to share news, warnings, instructions with this user, they will not receive system messages due to invalid format of email address.
Common use cases for Validations are:
- Maintain standards in the organization.
- Improves data quality in the system.
- Avoid inconsistent or incorrect data being fed into the system.
- Helps implement effective business rules in the organization.
The existence of a data validation on an application page is indicated by a small icon next to the input fields.
If a data check is applied to an input field, the data in it is validated and the response is shown in the form of a Success sign when the data is correct and as an Error sign if data entered is wrong along with a red border if required.