Once instructional materials in the form of Workflows, Validations, Tooltips, etc. are created and published on the hosting application, it is a high time to see whether they are helpful for end users and adapt or polish them for better performance. Various quantitative measurements provide insights on the level of user engagement, as well as overall usage of the hosting application, for example:
- the number of times instructional piece was used or executed,
- Workflows completed vs exited,
- Tooltips displayed vs read,
- Announcements displayed vs accepted, and
- top elements from each category.
These pieces of information come together as a puzzle and help identifying what kind of educational materials work better for current hosting application, as well as areas where end users tend to make more mistakes, which procedures are repeatedly not completed due to their potential complexity, and what extra materials help end users coping with unfamiliar tasks.
Overall, Apty Analytics is helpful for:
- Providing quantitative measurement of User Engagement,
- Identifying user roadblocks,
- Reducing support and training costs.
TO ACCESS ANALYTICS DATA
1. Log in to the Admin Console.
2. On the left-side panel select the application you want to work with. The application settings menu opens.
3. In the Application menu navigate to Analytics section. Data per each system entity (Workflows, Validations, Tooltips, etc.) is collected separately and measured with respect to the specifics of their usage (for example, for Tooltips: how many were displayed and read, for Workflows: how many were initiated and completed, etc.) and compared with numbers collected for the previous time interval defined in filter options.
For more details on a specific system entity refer to a related article: