If the hosting application is translated into multiple languages, Apty Player can also be customized to provide access to translated Workflows, Tooltips and other navigation content to match the languages of the hosting application for better user experience.
In the latest version of Apty, the current language preference of a website can be determined automatically and the assisting content (menu language, Workflows, Tooltips, Onboardings, etc.) shown in the Player is displayed in the corresponding translated version. For example, if the selected language of the hosting application is French, Apty automatically displays the content of the Player in the same language. In this case, changing a language in Player > Settings > General options as shown in the picture above is unnecessary.
NOTE: If this function is not available for you, contact Apty Customer Success representative.
Admin User can change the language of Assist content from English to any of the available languages. This can be performed by the Apty User given the role of the translator. To learn more about user roles in the Apty Assit, refer to this article.
To access Language customization page:
2. On the left side panel select the application you plan to work with. The application menu opens.
3. In the Application menu go to Customization > Language. The page where you can review and customize keyboard shortcuts for interacting with the system opens.
To add more languages to the hosting application:
On the Language Customization page below the Preview section find the language panel, which on the picture below starts with English (being a default choice). At the right side of the panel click Manage Languages. In the opened window check the languages to be added to your application and click Save.
To change / define the default language of the Player, select it from the Player Default Language drop-down list.
To add translation to the Player interface:
2. Provide translation to the key Apty Assist UI elements shown to an end user: Banner Header, Player Header, Next Button, Done Button, Submit Button. All the changes can be previewed in the live mode in the section above.
3. Player language: switch this toggle to include a language option into the Player settings. If the toggle is inactive and cannot be switched, this language is configured as a default language for this application. To change the default language of application, reference the section above.
4. At the bottom of the page click Save.
To add translation to Apty Assist content:
The instructional content created with Apty Assist may require translation versions. For details on how to provide translation to the each type of Apty Assist content, refer to the respective article: