When each step of a Workflow is created, the system makes a screenshot of the performed step and the element it is tied to in the hosting application. These screenshots are preserved in the system and can be exported as a PDF document, rendered as a video file, SCORM content or a PowerPoint presentation. All these files may server as an independent types of user manual, listing the steps required to complete a Workflow.
To Export a PDF / Video / SCORM / PowerPoint of the Workflow:
2. On the left side panel select the application you plan to work with. The application menu opens.
3. In the Application menu go to Manage > Workflows. The grid of the Workflows created for this application opens.
4. Select the tile with the Workflow for which you are trying to create a PDF version and click the icon (three vertical dots).
5. In the Export as... window select the format of your choice. The available options are:
- PDF Document: PDFs are typically used to distribute read-only documents that preserve the layout of a page.
- Video (MP4): a video file of the .mp4 format that
- SCORM: SCORM stands for "Shareable Content Object Reference Model" and represents a set of technical standards for eLearning software products. The essence of SCORM is an attempt to set standards for producing and launching cross-platform knowledge content that can be used on any LMS platform. In other words, a piece of instructional content created in Apty Assist should be easily exported, uploaded and opened in any other LMS system.
- PowerPoint: electronic presentation consisting of a series of slides, each slide representing a separate step of a Workflow.
6. The exporting flow process is started. Once it is finished, the file of the respective format is be downloaded to your local machine.
Once the file is exported:
PDF / Video / PowerPoint
Your file is downloaded to your local machine and is ready to be used for instructional purposes. You can share it with your clients, employees, colleagues, etc.
Upload the downloaded .zip package to your LMS platform. It is now available as an instructional presentation consisting of slides representing steps of the selected Workflow.