NOTE: It is recommended that instructional elements are embedded into the hosting application by connecting Apty Studio with the Chrome browser, but once embedded and published, Workflows, Validations, Tooltips, etc. can be seen by the end users in the Apty Client extension available for:
Accessing Editor and Player download page
1. Log into the Admin Console.
2. On the the bottom of the left side panel click Settings.
3. In the System Settings panel select Downloads. A source page for downloading an Editor and Player extensions for various browsers opens.
Installing the Apty Client Extension
On the Downloads page > Apty Assist Client section find the Browser Extension for Google Chrome option.
1. Click Download(.crx)
2. The apty_assist_client_chrome.crx file is downloaded. Convert this file to .zip format by changing its extension: rename “apty_assist_client_chrome.crx” to “apty_assist_client_chrome.zip”.
3. Right-click the archive and extract the files into the new folder.
4. Upload the extracted file to the Browser Extensions:
- Open the Extension Management page by navigating to chrome://extensions. Alternatively, the Extension Management page can also be opened by clicking on the Chrome menu, hovering over More Tools then selecting Extensions.
- Enable Developer Mode by clicking the toggle switch next to Developer mode.
- Click the LOAD UNPACKED button and select the extension directory.
The widget is now displayed at the bottom of the application page. The location of the Widget on the border of the screen of the hosting application can be customized.