As of July 2019 letzNav, Inc. has been rebranded to Apty, Inc. Due to this change, the product components have been renamed as follows:
- letzNav Editor - > Apty Assist Studio, and
- letzNav Player - > Apty Assist Client.
Reminder: Steps for getting started with Apty Assist content creation:
STEP1: Login to the Admin ConsoleSTEP2: Install Apty Assist Studio for creating content (covered in this article)STEP3: Install Apty Assist Client for testing and displaying content
Assist Studio is implemented as a native application and is one of the crucial components of the Apty Assist. It is the primary tool for connecting with a browser and creating instructional content (such as Workflows, Validations, Tooltips, Launchers, and Announcements), and laying it over the surface of the hosting application with an ability to preview the results in a live mode.
To start working with Apty Assist Studio, Administrators and instructional content creators need to install the Studio application available for download from the Admin Console.
This article covers the following steps of installing the Assist Studio:
To access the download page in the Apty Admin Console
1. Log into the Admin Console.
2. On the the bottom of the left side panel click the Settings icon. The System Settings page opens.
3. In the System Settings page select Downloads. A source page for downloading an Assist Studio application opens.
To install the Assist Studio
In the Apty Assist Studio section install both of the following:
Represents the tool for creating instructional content. To install it:
- Select the Windows or macOS version depending on the operating system running on your machine.
- The aptyEngageEditor.exe file (for Windows) or aptyEngageEditor.zip file (for macOS) is downloaded.
- Double click the file to extract its content.
- Once the archive is unpacked, double click the aptyEngageEditor icon to open the application and proceed with content creation.
Browser Extension for Google Chrome
A component that connects a browser with the above mentioned Application. To install it:
- Open the .crx file and save it at a designated location on your local machine.
- Convert the .crx file to zip file by changing its extension. For example, "Editor.crx" to "Editor.zip".
- Extract the file.
- Upload the extracted file to the Browser Extensions with load unpacked extensions.
NOTE: You may skip the browser extension installation. Install Desktop Application and when you open it, Apty Assist application will prompt you to install the extension in a couple of clicks.
Apty gets added to the browser and when the hosting application is opened, Assist Studio can be used for creating content.