As of July 2019 letzNav, Inc. has been rebranded to Apty, Inc. Due to this change, the product components have been renamed as follows:
- letzNav Editor - > Apty Assist Studio, and
- letzNav Player -> Apty Assist Client.
Once successfully implemented, the Assist Client is displayed as a widget within the browser window of a hosting application based on the designated position defined at:
Apty Admin > select application > Customization > User Interface > Player Position.
The Assist Client widget consists of 3 basic elements:
1. Search bar: The intelligent Search feature allows a user to filter all available instructional information by keywords and focus on relevant information only. Each Workflow and instructional element is uniquely identified within the system by its name. If an end user knows the Name of the Workflow required for performing a specific task, they use it to search for the Workflow from this field.
Alternatively, Workflows can be searched by the descriptive keywords. Such keywords are defined by the Workflow author while creating it in the Apty Assist Studio. For example, for the Workflow describing the procedure of editing customer address, a Workflow author may add keywords like: "customer", "address", "zip", "home address", "state", etc.
2. Help tab: Assist Client Help tab connects an end user wit the context sensitive instructional materials, such as: Workflows, Videos, and other resources available in the Knowledge Center.
3. Onboarding tab: lists procedures consisting of multiple tasks for new users of the hosting application.
The direct functionality of the Assist Client is to launch Workflows and access content in the Knowledge Center. Assist Client also runs indirect functionality loads other key features, which are independent of the Workflows and are always running in the background like Validations, Tooltips, and Announcements.
How it works
When the Assist Client is loaded into the application, it contacts the server via REST API and downloads the list of flows, theme settings and other data required for seamless integration. Downloaded data are cached so that the Client has no need to make multiple requests to the server to repeatedly access the same piece of information, which is a key benefit for faster performance.