NOTE: It is recommended that instructional elements are embedded into the hosting application by connecting Apty Studio with the Chrome browser, but once embedded and published, Workflows, Validations, Tooltips, etc. can be seen by the end users in the Apty Client extension available for:
|Google Chrome||Mozilla Firefox||Internet Explorer||Microsoft Edge|
As of July 2019 letzNav, Inc. has been rebranded to Apty, Inc. Due to this change, the product components have been renamed as follows:
This article covers the steps for making instructional content accessible to the end users with the apty Player extension:
To access the download page in the Admin Console
1. Log into the Admin Console.
2. On the the bottom of the left side panel click the Settings icon. The System Settings page opens.
3. In the System Settings page select Downloads. A source page for downloading an Editor and Player extensions for various browsers opens.
Follow the steps below to add the Apty Client to the Microsoft Edge browser. Make sure that Edge browser is closed before installing the Apty Client extension.
Install as a ZIP file
1. Save apty_assist_client_edge (ZIP file) at desired location in your machine.
2. Extract the files to a folder on your desktop.
3. Open Edge browser, visit about:flags and under Developer Settings, check ‘Enable extension developer features‘ option.
4. Click on More actions button, select Extensions, click on Load Extension button and select the folder which you’ve downloaded and extracted before.
Install as an APPX file
1. Save apty_assist_client_edge (APPX file) at desired location in your machine.
2. Right click on the file and select Install from the context menu.
3. The Welcome page opens. Click Next to continue with the setup wizard configurations.
4. Launch the Edge browser. At the top right corner of the screen, the Assist Client extension icon appears. This indicates that Apty Client extension is installed on your machine.
NOTE: You may need to turn on the extension manually to enable it. If a warning pop-up appears on the browser, click Turn on anyway to enable the extension and reload the page to view it on the hosting application.