What is a Frame?
Any enterprise level application consists of a number of pages (login, registration, home page, etc.).
To help Apty distinguish each page from the others and place the live-guidance content elements on each screen, a page Frame should be created. For example, by anchoring username and password fields to the Login Frame, Apty will easily identify this page within the hosting application code and show all instructional elements that belong to it.
Apty uses Frames to identify each screen by using combination of elements present on the screen. All the features provided by Apty, such as Validations, Launchers, Tooltips, Announcements can be added to the Frame which ensures that the help provided is unique to that particular page.
Any number of the Frames can be created on a page depending on the requirements.
How to create a Frame
The Frame page is the unique part of the page, which 'hosts' Validations / Launchers / Tooltips / Announcements. The Frame must be given a valid name that is going to serve as its unique identifier within the system. This is where Anchor points come into play.
If the Frame is not already present a message will pop-up on the screen (as shown on the screen below) to prompt a user to create a new one.
1. Click Dismiss to close the warning message. The Frames list opens. At the bottom of the list click on Create New Frame.
3. There are 3 different options which can be used to identify the screen uniquely. Click on the 3 vertical dots available to the right of the frame screen to view the advance identification options.
- Anchor points: Anchors are like bookmarks for application pages. Anchors allow to start the workflow anywhere within application.
To create an anchor point, click the anchor icon. The control is now passed to the application page in the browser. Find a spot that will server as an anchor (for example, text field, button, etc.). Multiple anchor points may be added for a more reliable page identification.
- Custom Script: Page can be identified using custom script. It can be used to start the workflow from any page.
- URI Hash: Page can be identified using URI Regex.
4. Click Save to start using new Frame. Save button becomes active only after entering a valid Frame name and selecting Anchors.
After the Frame is created, system preserves it in the Draft status, unless stated otherwise.
To change the Frame status to Ready or Publish:Go to the Admin Console > on the left side panel select an application you've worked at in the Apty Studio > in the application menu go to Publish > Frame.