You can link Apty Content like Workflows, videos, links, images, and texts to a Launcher to provide additional guidance to your end users in their flow of work. For example, you've created a new Workflow to assist users on learning how to create a New Lead in Salesforce. Users can play the Workflow using both the Launcher and the Apty Client. You must attach the Workflow to a Launcher while creating or editing one in order to play the Workflow using it. Launchers aid in drawing the user's attention as soon as they land on the appropriate page, allowing them to access the content associated with it.
Attaching the Apty Content to a Launcher is a two-step process:
Step 1: Create Apty Content
Create Apty Content
- You must create the Workflow before attaching it to the Launcher. For more information, see Create Workflows.
- The only Workflows that can be attached are those that were created on the page where the Launcher is to be created. For example, you cannot play a Workflow created in the Opportunities page through a Launcher created for the Leads page in Salesforce.
- To play the Workflow using a Launcher on the appropriate page, one of the Workflow steps must be connected to the Frame of the same page during the Workflow creation process. To learn more, see Mark a Workflow Step as the Entry Point.
- Knowledge Center Content must be added to your Admin Portal before using them in the Launcher. For more information, see Add Videos, Links, Images, and Texts to your Knowledge Center.
Attach Apty Content to the Launcher
Follow the steps below to attach a Workflow and Knowledge Center Content to the Launcher:
You have opened your application on your web browser, loaded the Apty Studio and initiated creating or editing a Launcher. To learn more on where and when you can attach Apty Content to Launchers, see Create Launchers.
1. Scroll down to the LAUNCHER OPTIONS section in the Apty Studio and then select your Launcher.
Apty provides five different Launchers that has the capability to launch:
To create a Launcher that starts a Workflow from a specific step,
1. Select a Workflow from the Select Workflow dropdown.
2. Click the Select Step drop-down and then select the step from which the Workflow should start playing.
To create a Launcher that starts a video on your application page,
1. Click the Launch a Video tab on your Apty Studio.
2. Select a video from the Select Video dropdown.
To create a Launcher that contains a link enabling users to navigate to the page they are interested in,
1. Click the Launch a Link tab on your Apty Studio.
2. Select the required link from the Select URL dropdown.
To create a Launcher that displays an image on your application page,
1. Click the Launch an Image tab on your Apty Studio.
2. Select a video from the Select Image dropdown.
To create a Launcher that displays some text content on your application page,
1. Click the Launch a Text tab on your Apty Studio.
2. Select a video from the Select Text dropdown.
2. Add the other details if required and then click Save to start using the Launcher.
Once you create a Launcher, you can make it accessible for your end users by publishing it either through the Admin Portal or the Apty Studio.
For more information, see Publishing Apty Content(version 4.x or above).