TABLE OF CONTENTS
PATH: Login to the Admin Portal > On the bottom left side panel, click on (System Settings) icon > Select Downloads, a source page for downloading an Editor, and Player extensions for various browsers opens.
Using the Downloads page, admins can download and install the packages to test out a version locally in their system before making the changes to end-users. The downloads screen features a drop-down menu for admins to select the version they want to test out. Additionally, admins can find necessary packages they need for functioning Apty Studio and Apty Client.
To Install Apty Studio
In the Desktop Editor section install both of the following:
- Application: represents the tool for creating instructional content. To install it:
- Select the Windows or Mac OS version depending on the operating system running on your machine.
- The aptyEngageEditor.exe file (for Windows) or aptyEngageEditor.zip file (for Mac OS) is downloaded.
- Double click the file to extract its content.
- Once the archive is unpacked, double click the Apty Engage Editor icon to open the application and proceed with content creation.
- Editor Extension for Google Chrome (a component that connects a browser with the above-mentioned Application):
- Admins can directly download the .zip file.
- Extract the file.
- Upload the extracted file to the Browser Extensions with load unpacked extensions.
Apty gets added to the browser and when the hosting application is opened, Apty Studio can be used for creating content.
To install the Apty Client
The Client (Widget) is a component of Apty Assist that runs instructional materials in the hosting application. Admins can install the extension for Apty Client, which fetches the instructional data from the server for the end-user to access it through Apty Client. Apty offers Client extensions for the following browsers:
- Google Chrome Version 57 or above
- Mozilla Firefox Version 53 or above
- Microsoft Edge Version 42 or above
The Downloads screen features auto rebuild functionality which allows admins to select the version they want to upgrade or downgrade to without having to rebuild manually. The auto rebuild feature will make sure when admins select a version, its respective packages are up to date.
Auto-rebuild becomes necessary during the following scenarios:
- While upgrading or downgrading the Apty Client to one of the supported versions
- While modifying the Application URLs
Please sign in to leave a comment.