User Management allows system administrators to maintain users by adding / removing them. Users can also be added as System Administrators and every user added here can also login to Apty Studio.
To Add a New User:
1. Login to the Admin Portal.
2. At the the bottom of the left side panel click the Settings icon. The System Settings page opens.
3. In the System Settings page go to the Users tab. The list of the users who can login to the Admin Console opens.
4. Click Add User as shown in the screen below.
5. The Add New User screen opens. Fill out the user details:
- User Active: Check the box to define whether this user account and its credentials should be active for login and other procedures.
- Name: Enter the name of a user in the system.
- Email: Enter the email id for this user. Once the procedure of adding this user to the system is completed, an email with instructions on how to reset password is going to be sent to the email of this user.
- SSO authentication only: Check SSO authentication checkbox only if you wish to login with SSO.
|NOTE: Make sure to add SSO details in Admin to make this option available. If this option is not displayed, go to Admin Console > Settings > SSO Config and uncheck the Disable box.|
- User Role: Select user role from the drop down list. The available options are:
|System Administrator||Complete control over the system.|
|Application Administrator||Complete control over applications.|
|Customizer||In charge of application customization (Assist Client theme, Keyboard shortcuts, Language, Time zone, etc.).|
|Publisher||In charge of publishing Workflows and Frames.|
|Translator||Translate and manage content for every tool of the Apty toolset.|
|Content Creator (with Publish Access)||This user role can create content, request content for approval, modify, and publish content once approved.|
|Content Approver||This user role has the ability to review, approve or reject content sent for approval request, and send feedback to the content creator for any modifications.|
A Content Manager has access to create, approve or reject, and publish content.
|Content Creator||Create and Modify content in the toolset.|
|Dashboard Viewer||View dashboard and application analytics.|
|Analytics Manager||View dashboard and application analytics, manage SFTP configurations.|
|System Administrator||Create, delete or edit any content. System Admin can configure system level settings (System Configuration )like SSO, Scheduler etc., and can also create users and custom roles.|
|Application Administrator||Create and manage data related to the applications which he has access. Application Admin is responsible for managing and customizing a specific application/s. He can create and view data in both Admin and Editor.|
|NOTE: User roles within Apty application can be managed at Admin Console > Settings > User Roles.|
- Application Access: Define the scope of access for this user. The available options are: All Applications, Custom and None. If Custom is selected, all available applications are dynamically displayed in the field below. Select those which should be assigned for this user with respect to his role and responsibilities.
6. Click Add User to save information of this user in the system.
Please sign in to leave a comment.