Permalinks are direct links to your website that automatically start a Workflow, Video, or Announcement when clicked.
Permalinks are essentially links that launch the application in the browser and the tool linked with the permalink given that the player is active, and content is in a playable state. Permalink is a unique Identification string that needs to be added at the end of the URL of the page on which the permalink content is to be presented.
The Permalinks for Workflow can be copied from 2 locations within Apty:
- Apty Studio, or
- Admin Portal.
This article describes two ways of retrieving Permalinks in the section below.
Retrieve a Permalink from the Apty Studio:
To see the list of created Workflows or Announcements, login to the Apty Studio and select the application you want to work with. The Apty menu opens.
1. Click on the Workflows or Announcements icon depending on what kind of Permalink you are attempting to retrieve. The list of respective entities created for this application opens. The example below is based on the assumption that you are retrieving a Permalink for a Workflow, but the process for retrieving links for Announcements is identical as well.
2. Click the name of a Workflow for which you are retrieving a Permalink. In the given example, we attempt to open a "Create a Project Baseline" Workflow.
3. The Workflow settings screen opens. At the top right corner of the screen click the icon (three vertical dots) to access the Copy Permalink option. Click Copy Permalink to proceed.
4. Alternatively, you can obtain a Permalink for a specific Workflow Step by selecting it from the flow and repeating the procedure described in Step 3.
Retrieve a Permalink from the Admin Console:
1. Login to Admin Portal.
2. On the left side panel select the application you plan yo work with. The application menu opens.
3. In the Application menu go to Manage > Workflows. The grid of the Workflows created for this application opens.
4. Select the tile with the Workflow for which you are trying to obtain a Permalink and click the icon (three vertical dots) to access the Copy Permalink option. Click Copy Permalink to proceed.
Please sign in to leave a comment.