Permalinks are direct links to your website that automatically start a Workflow, Video, or Announcement when clicked.
Permalinks are essentially links that launch the application in the browser and the tool linked with the permalink given that the player is active, and content is in a playable state. Permalink is a unique Identification string that needs to be added at the end of the URL of the page on which the permalink content is to be presented.
The Permalinks for Workflows and Announcements can be retrieved from 2 locations within Apty:
Retrieve the Permalink from the Apty Studio
In this section we'll learn how to play the Create New Opportunity Workflow in Salesforce using Permalink.
To use the Workflow Permalink with Auto Pilot,
1. Login to the Apty Studio after launching it on your web browser.
2. Select SFL to open Salesforce on your browser.
3. Once the application opens, click Workflows on the Apty Studio.
4. Click the vertical ellipsis and then select Copy Permalink on the Create New Opportunity Workflow.
To learn how to create a Workflow, see Create Workflows.
5. Navigate to your webpage and then place your cursor on the application URL.
6. Replace the URL Parameter with the copied Permalink and then hit Enter.
7. The Workflow will play through it's last step.
Retrieve the Permalink from the Admin Portal
1. Login to the Admin Portal and the select the required application on the left side panel.
2. On the application menu, click the Manage dropdown.
3. Select Workflows.
4. Click the vertical ellipsis on the Workflow for which you want to obtain the Permalink.
5. Click Copy Permalink.
6. Navigate to your webpage and then place your cursor on the application URL.
7. Replace the URL Parameter with the copied Permalink and then hit Enter.
8. The Workflow will play through it's last step.