Reminder: Steps for getting started with Apty content creation:
Install Apty Studio for creating content (covered in this article)
Install Apty Client for testing and displaying content
Apty Studio is implemented as a native application and is the primary tool for creating instructional content (such as Workflows, Validations, Tooltips, Launchers, and Announcements) on the hosting application with an ability to preview the results in a live mode.
To start working with Apty Studio, Administrators and instructional content creators need to install the Studio application available for download from the Admin Console.
This article covers the following steps of installing the Apty Studio:
To access the download page in the Apty Admin Console
1. Log into the Admin Console.
2. On the the bottom of the left side panel click the Settings icon. The System Settings page opens.
3. In the System Settings page select Downloads. A source page for downloading an Apty Studio application opens.
To install the Apty Studio
In the Apty Studio section install both of the following:
- Desktop Application
Represents the tool for creating instructional content. To install it:
- Select the Windows or macOS version depending on the operating system running on your machine.
- The AptyAssistStudio.exe file (for Windows) or AptyAssistStudio.zip file (for macOS) is downloaded.
- Double click the file to extract its content.
- Once the archive is unpacked, double click the Apty Studio icon to open the application and proceed with content creation.
- Browser Extension for Google Chrome
A component that connects a browser with the above mentioned Application. To install it:
NOTE: You may skip the browser extension installation. Install Desktop Application and when you open it, Apty Studio application will prompt you to install the extension in a couple of clicks.
- Open the .crx file and save it at a designated location on your local machine.
- Convert the .crx file to zip file by changing its extension. For example, "Editor.crx" to "Editor.zip".
- Extract the file.
- Upload the extracted file to the Browser Extensions with load unpacked extensions.
Apty gets added to the browser and when the hosting application is opened, Apty Studio can be used for creating content.