Announcements are the custom pop-ups designed to announce any new feature, version release or to provide information to the End Users. An announcement can be built with custom buttons that can launch a Workflow, Video or a Document. Announcements enable the admin to make announcements to the user when they go to the specific page. The Announcement can be for specified period and (or) when certain UI conditions are matched.
Announcements are commonly used to:
- Announce any change management.
- Inform users of upcoming features
- Inform users about the maintenance and downtime of the application
- Promote new software practices, events or services.
- Remind expiration of licenses of the application
- Announce any new achievements applicable to employees or company
There are 4 types of Announcement actions that can be built.
1.OK- With this action, we get an "OK" button on the announcement:
2.Workflow- With this action, we see 'Launch a Workflow' (label can be customized) button. Once button is clicked a workflow ( which is in published state) will launch.
3.Video- This action allows a video to be played.
4.Link- Link action will launch a link when the button is clicked.
The start and end dates can also be specified. (e.g. the days when the Announcement will be active.)
Please sign in to leave a comment.