Launchers are actionable help icons / buttons that trigger predefined Workflows or redirect end users to additional useful content that can assist with completing their day-to-day tasks. Launchers can be positioned anywhere within a page of a hosting application and upon clicking on them they start a specified Workflow or its fragment, play a a Video or redirect a user to a URL which may connect a user to some educational resource, such as another application page, knowledge base article, assisting service, etc.
Launchers serve as an alternative to starting Workflows from the Assist Client Help menu and are highly effective in delivering instructional and supporting media. By providing access to external information, Launchers often solve User Interface problems while increasing user engagement on your web service.
Launchers are auxiliary elements and can connect be used for connecting an end users with other resources as follows:
- Launch a Workflow: Provides context sensitive step-by-step guidance for completing complex procedures related to the elements on the current page (creating a project and providing critical information or completing procedures when the order of steps matters, etc.). When started from the Launcher, Workflow should not necessarily begin from Step 1 of the flow, instructional content creator may define the step from which Workflow is started in the context of this page.
- Launch a Video: Plays a video instantly embedded into the surface of the hosting application via iFrame. This way, end users receive required information from the external source without leaving the page of the hosting application; therefore, watching a video causes no interruptions in performing the started procedure.
- Launch a URL: Provides access to the additional information by linking to its source; therefore, ensuring that end users has all the pieces of the puzzle to complete a task.
While creating a Launcher, an instructional content creator has 3 launching options. Select the matching option based on what the user should see once the Launcher icon / button is clicked.
To Launch a Workflow
TO LAUNCH A WORKFLOW:
- Select a Workflow icon from the LAUNCHER OPTIONS.
- Select the Workflow from the Select Workflow drop-down list. Only the Workflows assigned to the same page are displayed at the drop-down list. To create a new Workflow refer to this article.
- Select the step from which the Workflow should launch from the Select Step drop-down list.
Note: For a Workflow to be available in this drop-down list, it should be in a published status. (For more information on Workflow statuses, refer to this article).
To Launch a Video
For Launch a Video option, video name and link to the video must be provided.TO LAUNCH A VIDEO:
- Select a Video icon from the LAUNCHER OPTIONS.
- You need to upload the video to the Knowledge Store to be able to see it in the drop-down. If it has not been added, click Add new Content and add a name to be displayed and URL to the web page where it is stored. It will automatically get added to the Knowledge Store. To learn more about Knowledge Center click here.
To Launch a URL
With this option, the specified link will be opened in a new browser tab when the Launcher is clicked.TO LAUNCH A URL:
- Select a URL icon from the LAUNCHER OPTIONS.
- You need to add the Link in the Knowledge Store to be able to see it in the drop-down. If it has not been added, click Add new Content and add a name to be displayed and URL to the web page where it is stored. It will automatically get added to the Knowledge Store. To learn more about Knowledge Center click here.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: