Bundle Management is a process that allows you to efficiently store and bulk manage(add, publish, or remove) Apty Content together, saving you time and effort every Release period. It comprises of the following two categories:
- Parent Bundle: It is the main repository which encapsulates various child bundles for every Release. For example, if you want to create a common space for storing all your Release items for the first quarter of 2024, you can start by creating a parent bundle and naming it as Quarter1 2024.
- Child Bundle: Now Quarter1 2024 can store New Releases or child bundles, like Jan, Feb, March, and April Releases, which include Apty Content that users can access once published.
Ensure to enable the Bundle Management feature flag to experience it’s benefits.
How is it useful?
- You can seamlessly manage Content Releases by grouping multiple Content into bundles that you can bulk publish over a specific Release period or based on your needs such as, business processes, Segment Groups, etc.
- You can determine the Content's source Version and precise Release Dates, which also makes it easier to maintain an enhanced tracking system for any modifications made to it.
- You can restore the previous version of your Content that was operational before, in case it breaks down during the new Release.
In this article, we will learn how to group Content in a new bundle and bulk publish the bundle for Salesforce that will be released in January 2024.
Create Content Release Bundle
To create a new Content Release Bundle,
1. Login to your Admin Portal.
2. Select your Application from the left panel and then click Bundle Management.
3. Click New Bundle if you haven't created one already.
4. In the New Bundle pop-up, enter your parent bundle name in the Name field and then click Continue.
5. After navigating inside the Quarter1 2024 bundle, click New Release to add a release bundle.
6. Once the Jan Release is added, click Add Items to add your Apty Content that you want to release/publish in January.
7. On the Content Browser pop-up, select your Apty Content and then click Add.
You can click Manage Item if you want to add or remove the required Content from the current Release.
Bulk Publish Apty Content
Once you've added you're Content to the current release/child-bundle, ensure to publish the Content to make them accessible for your end users.
To publish the Release bundle,
1. Click the vertical ellipsis and then click Publish.
2. Click Confirm.
Things to remember:
To learn more about the various states of the release bundles, see Different States of a Release Bundle.