Apty enables you to auto translate your content like Workflows, Tooltips, Launchers, and Announcements using Google API. Making your applications accessible in different languages also improves the user experience for your site’s international users. For example, you can configure Workflows to be displayed in Hindi for Hindi speaking users.
Step1: Add Google Translation API
Add Google Translation API
Google offers an Application Programming Interface (API) to allow anyone to access its Translate tool. Once you integrate your Admin Portal with Google Translation API, you can auto translate your Apty content into any language you add to your application.
To add the Google Translation API to your Admin Portal,
1. Login to the Admin Portal.
2. Click System Settings on the left pane.
3. Click Translation API.
4. In the Configure Translation API section, click the Add New button.
5. In the Add Translation API pop-up, enter the Google Translate API TOKEN and then Click Add.
Add Languages to your Application
Once you've integrated the Google Translation API with your Admin Portal, you can add new languages to your application to display Apty Content in the chosen languages.
Apty uses English as it's default language.
To manage languages,
1. Select your application from the left pane.
2. Click the Customization dropdown and then select Languages.
3. Scroll down and then click Manage Languages.
4. From the list of languages, select the ones you want to add to your application.
Apty currently supports 40 different languages.
5. Click Save.
Auto Translate your Apty Content
Once you've added new languages to your application, you can enable the auto translate functionality for your content created on your application.
To Auto Translate Apty Content,
1. Click the Manage dropdown in the left pane and then select your Apty Content.
2. Click the vertical ellipsis on the Apty Content and then select Manage Languages.
The newly added language will appear on the screen in different tabs.
4. Click the Translate button.
5. On the Automatic Translation pop-up, select the language you want your content to translate to and then click Continue.
7. Click Translate to confirm Translation.