How to Use Apty Client?
There are two basic approaches to working with Apty Client after installation.
1. Enabling Apty Client
2. Creating Content in Apty Client
Enabling Apty Client
The created content in Apty Client can be seen by the end users only if the Apty Client has been enabled. To enable Apty Client:
1. From the Admin portal, select an application.
2. Click Manage Application icon
3. Select Environments Setup
4. Enable the checkbox as seen in the figure below
|Note: Unless you enable this checkbox, your Apty Client will not be visible to the end user.|
Creating Content in Apty Client
Once you have installed Apty Client successfully, and you are able to view the client on your web page, let's understand how to populate the Client with Workflows and Knowledge Center content.
1. It's mandatory to have atleast one Workflow to view the contents . See Creating Workflows
2. Once you create a Workflow, publish it. See Publishing Workflows.
3. In a similar way, create Knowledge Center. See Adding Knowledge Center content.
4. Publish Knowledge Center content.
Workflows and Knowledge Center contents are visible to users only when they are published.
Where Can End-Users find the Client?
Once you are done with creating the content, by default, the Apty Client is displayed in red color with a light-themed layout, and it is placed at the bottom right corner of the screen.
The Client in the hosted application screen looks like this-
The Apty client is customizable and hence, the name of the client can vary based on what the user intends to provide. (In the figure given above, the Client has been named as Need Help?).
- Click the Client to access the Knowledge Content provided to you.
- Once the Client is opened, it looks like this. (Left Image) The right hand side view depicts the different icons denoted in the Apty Client.
|User's View of Apty Client||
Apty Client Icons Reference Table
Components of Apty Client
Apty Client consists of the three basic elements as seen in the figure below:
1. Search bar
The intelligent Search feature allows a user to filter all the available instructional content using keywords or the title of the content and focus on relevant information only. Each Workflow and instructional content is uniquely identified within the system by its name. For example, for the Workflow describing the procedure of editing customer address, a Workflow author may add keywords like: "customer", "address", "zip", "home address", "state", etc.
2. Help tab
Once you click on the Apty Client, it will directly land you on the Help tab. This is where the end-user will find all contextual knowledge contents related to business processes that they need to perform. Admins provide these contents to help users navigate through the hosted application and complete business processes efficiently and correctly. The Apty Client Help tab connects an end user with the contextual information, such as Workflows, Videos, and other knowledge center content.
The Checklist tab lists procedures consisting of multiple tasks for new users of the hosting application.
The direct functionality of the Apty Client is to launch Workflows and access content in the Knowledge Center. Apty Client also loads other key features, which are independent of the Workflows and are always running in the background like Validations, Tooltips, and Announcements.
Navigating through Applications using Workflows
To start navigating on an application, you can play the workflow. There are two ways to use or play a workflow –
1. Auto play mode
2. Manual play mode
To start the Workflow on autoplay mode, click on the Auto button right next to the title of the Workflow, as shown below. It allows Apty client to automatically complete the task for you, without having to click Next after completing every step.
Another method is where users can choose the manual mode and go through the flow on their own.
- Start the Workflow by clicking on it.
- Collect information provided by the guiding elements, perform each step on your own, and complete the task.
- To exit the workflow at any point in time, click on the X icon on the balloon.
- While going through the Workflow, click Next to go to the next step of the process.