Once content is created, it must be published to be available for your users in the Apty Client on your application.
Any content created using Apty Studio or the Admin Portal can be in one of the following states.
|Indicates that the content is created, published, and is available for the users of the hosting application in the Apty Client.
|Indicates that the content is created, but not available for the users of the hosting application in the Apty Client.
The blue dot indicates one of the following alerts:
1. The content has been updated or modified and it's latest version needs to be published before the users of the hosting application who may access it using the Apty Client.
You can publish Apty content in three ways:
- With Content Review and Approval feature enabled.
- With Content Review and Approval feature disabled.
- Bulk publish Apty Content using bundles.
With Content Review and Approval feature enabled
Content development can sometimes be challenging and contain opportunities for enhancement. As a solution, you can enable the Content Review and Approval feature which helps you to request the content for review and approval before publishing them in your environments.
This way you can ensure a risk-free content creation process and publish the content to your environment only if it has been approved. This will establish a secure environment for content development, reduce errors, allow Approvers to evaluate the content's quality, and accelerate process completion.
Content Review and Approval is a feature flag. Reach out to your Apty representative to enable this feature for your application.
The process of Content Review and Approval typically consists of two stages:
With Content Review and Approval feature disabled
You can publish your content through the Apty Studio or the Admin Portal without enabling the Content Review and Approval feature for your application. In this case, Admins and any user with the Publisher role can publish the content.
Publish Apty Content using Apty Studio
Apty Content like Workflows, Validations, Launchers, Tooltips, Announcements, and Activity Tracking can be published directly from the Apty Studio. This ensures a time saving method by enabling users to perform all content manipulation tasks(creating, editing, and publishing content) in a single place within the system.
In this section, we will take a Workflow example and publish it using the Apty Studio.
To publish any Apty Content using the Apty Studio,
1. Log in to your Apty Studio.
2. Select your Application.
3. Click Workflows.
4. Click the vertical ellipses on the Workflow you want to publish.
5. Click Publish from the dropdown to navigate to the Publishing section.
Alternatively, you can use the following steps to navigate to the Publishing section:
1. Click the Workflow you want to publish.
2. Click the vertical ellipses on the heading bar.
3. Click Publish.
6. Choose the environment you wish to publish your Workflow on by clicking the ellipsis and then click Publish Latest.
Publish Apty Content using Admin Portal
Apty content like Workflows, Validations, Launchers, Tooltips, Announcements, Activity Tracking, Activities, Checklist, and Knowledge Center content can be published using the Admin Portal.
For instance, to publish a Workflow using the Admin Portal,
1. Log in to the Admin Portal.
2. Select your application.
3. Click the Publish tab from the left pane.
4. In the Publish section, click the ellipsis on the workflow and then click Publish Latest.
Bulk publish Apty Content using bundles
You can efficiently store and bulk publish Apty Content together, saving you time and effort every Release period. To learn more, see Create Content Release Bundles.